• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

End of season Shula crow

Bozarden

1 minute ago, Kevin Greene said:

Randall Cunningham had a fine career. What else ya got?

He could have been much better as a passer a lot sooner. Either way, you're a fool if you don't realize how good Shula has been. Firing him, like many many Panthers wanted, would have been a huge mistake. That's a fact.

8 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

He could have been much better as a passer a lot sooner. Either way, you're a fool if you don't realize how good Shula has been. Firing him, like many many Panthers wanted, would have been a huge mistake. That's a fact.

Fool, lol.

I apologize almighty NFL sooth.

People that deal in these absolute certainties when talking what might have beens crack me the fug up.

Still waiting for a list of all these ruined QBs you speak of, let's see 'em.

Good lord. I don't think I've ever seen so many bruised egos in 1 place before. The next time any one on this board complains about media guys continuing to hold outdated views & hedging about how they feel about Cam or this team & showing us disrespect, I'm going to remind you about this thread. You are doing exactly the same thing to Shula & by extension to Coach Rivera. You're no better than Schein or Harrington or Bayless. You just can't let go of the crap.

Yet you cheer when some pundit "takes it like a man" and admits that he was wrong. Oh the irony!

And do not give me the "I watch the games & they don't" BS lines because if you truly paid attention you would see that the offense has improved due to many factors and one is that Shula has improved. Without all of it, the Panthers would not be the top offense that it is. There will be plays that leave us puzzled but how do we know who called/changed/fell flat with that play? Did we really? We don't know, we won't. 

For example, there were run plays when we gained no yardage. Then with the next play we would break off a successful longer run. After the 1st time that happened, I could see that the 1st play set up Tampa for the 2nd play. Genius as far as I'm concerned.

I am 100% in favor of everyone being able to post their opinions (yes, even PU) but some of you may want to consider what they say about you.

I'll have my share of crow too. I have to give him a lot of credit because he worked on his situational playcalling. It is night and day from last season. This is a guy who would throw the long ball on 3rd and 2 NUMEROUS times over the past few seasons. He finally went back and corrected some of those game plans and it has obviously paid off.

I still would like to see him implement more bootleg passes and have the pocket move. We've seen flashes of it this season and it's worked very well for us.

4 hours ago, TrianglePanther said:

Who's to say Cam didn't call his own number there? It's impossible to know, so I'll lean toward giving Shula the benefit of the doubt.

If you don't hear Cam making a change at the line or gesturing then that's a Shula playcall. And I didn't see Cam doing any of that before that designed run so unless there is evidence that he did make a audible, that is on Shula. 

Archived