• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AFC Wild Card games thread

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Swan said:

No it wasn't. Josh stood around, watching his guys tackle, and OBJ helmet-to-helmeted him. A. Brown was a moving target falling down, and Burfict clipped him on the head. Whether intentional or not is the debate, but at full speed, I think it was more chance than intention.

Yes. Give Vontaze Burfict the benefit of the doubt on a clear headhunt. Lol.

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I never really heard the explanation on the last penalty against Cincy.  I heard the announcers say something about Jones bumping a ref, but if they replayed it, I missed it. 

Me either.  They said something in the nfln postgame about jones doing something (pushing?) a steelers asst coach who came on the field to check on brown.  Not sure.

Just now, MadHatter said:

Brown was a defenseless receiver....Giovanni was a runner.  Big diff.

and they never said the sack was a bad hit...just trying to fill air time by asking the head official what he thought.

people's hatred of the Steelers are making some of these comments sound ridiculous.

I HATE the Steelers....but this loss is all on the Bengals.  Be even remotely smart and they win.

Gio was a receiver that play. ...defenseless.   He made a quick turn and looked up field.   BAM.. Steeler came launching helmet to helmet. 

Earlier in the game,   Bengals player hit a Steelers receiver,  after the Steelers receiver had just turned around and started looking down the field...  even though he did drop the ball,      bam............15 yard penalty,   defenseless receiver.  The Bengal was leading with his shoulder.   and didn't launch.

Brown,  was incidental ,  no matter how bad it looked.    Some on here are claiming it was the exact same as what happened to Norman..   it's not even close.    I don't really hate the Steelers that much..     some people can't overlook their hate for Burfict though.     It's a shame that the hit that will probably get him suspended for a long time,  is a hit where he probably meant for it to be a clean hit,   leading with his shoulder,  aiming at the chest...before Brown leaned down in the very last second.                   When he gets suspended for a long time,  it should be for the poo he does that is blatantly dirty.

9 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I don't believe Brown sold the hit.  I think he was knocked the fug out. That hit was brutal, even if it was unintentional.  

heard he was in the nfl concussion protocol so maybe I was being too harsh. it looked overdramatic, but then again I haven't been (thankfully) on the other end of a hit that hard.

Archived