• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucky Brooks: Five part plan for Broncos to beat Panthers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000628637/article/super-bowl-50-fivepart-plan-for-broncos-to-beat-panthers

1. Make Cam Newton win from the pocket - because he struggles there
2. Keep the ball in front of the defense - don't allow big passing plays
3. Convince Peyton Manning to be a true game manager - keep score low with long drives
4. Use C.J. Anderson and Ronnie Tillman early and often - run the ball a lot
5. Win the turnover battle - because losing the turnover battle is bad

Apparently next week there will be a similar article from the Panthers perspective. 

The fact that we have the best run game AND the #1 scoring offense forces these prognosticators to speak out of both sides of their mouths.  Not only could we win a shoot out, but let's say Denver takes away the deep ball...we can win a 17-10 game too.  This team literally defies all logic when it comes to your typical football analysis. I love it!

1. Well that sounds simple, good thing the other 17 teams we've played didn't do that. And Cam and his 35 TDs from the pocket definitely struggles there.

2. This sounds a bit like a non sequitur. But don't allow big passing plays, good advice there Bucky.

3. This is actually decent advice. I don't think the Broncos have the personnel on offense to do this though.

4. This sort of dovetails into Point 3. I don't think these running backs and their offensive line will be able to do this though.

5. Win the turnover battle: Sounds easy enough, Bucky earning his keep with insightful commentary there!

Honest Opinion.  Our Offense will struggle if they can contain / pressure Cam with just 4 or 5 guys.

Cams worst games ( lol not this year)  have come when pressure and contain were one and the same.   If you get pressure but no contain you're screwed.   

Archived