• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rank your Top5 sports team you root for

bLACKpANTHER

A friend asked me this over the weekend and I thought it would be easy... not so much:

1. Panthers
----------------
2a. Hornets
2b. Tarheel basketball
----------------
4. Baltimore Orioles
5. Tarheel football

My 1st was a no brainer obviously but 2nd fav team was actually really tough. I had to envision a huge loss and a huge win and my reactions to both to make a decision. In the end, I would be far more upset at the Heels losing a big game in the tourney but not so devastated if the Hornets lost a big series in the playoffs.. [so edge to the Heels, right?] But at the same time if the Hornets won a big matchup in the playoffs, simply to advance to the 2nd round or Conference Finals- I would be way happier than if the Heels got to the Final Four.

I think it has a lot to do with expectations - I expect the Heels to always be good and expect the Hornets always to collapse, but it was still fun to go back and forth with my friend [NC State fan] on who he thought his Top5 were.

1: Panthers

No need for explanation really. Obvious choice.

2: Hornets

Again. Lived here all my life so far. No brainer

3: Tarheels FB/BB

Tarheels fan all my life. Will stick true even though we have cheated

4: Tottenham Soccer? Football? Whatever you want to call it.

Started watching the BPL in 2010. Was hooked onto this team as well as my oldest brother. Who still cheers for the London team to this day. By far my favorite team in Soccer

5: UConn BB

I watched Uconn's Big East run in 2010. Was stuck on immediately. Have been a big fan ever since. I was so happy when the Hornets picked Kemba. Looks like they have made the correct decision.

1 panthers

2 virginia tech hokies football

3 Hornets

Those are the teams i care about.  Literally that. The next two are kinda out my ass

4 Chargers.     Dad is a fan. He is a narcisistic authoritarian douche who fuged hard with my head growing up..  So i rooted for chargers in hopes he didnt take his arrogant yet truly emmotionally belittled self out on me.  Chargers loss = FML

5 fug idk.   My highschool team i played for. Liberty Minutemen

Panthers are the only sports team I root for at any level in any sport and the NFL is the only sport/sports league I actively follow at all, though I do passively follow Royals baseball as well... definitely got caught up in the World Series runs the past 2 years.

Archived