• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign DT Soliai; 2 yrs, $7M

jdpanther5

3 hours ago, neverlosethefeeling said:

I think this is less true for the 1 technique DTs, and that's where Soliai fits. We rely on the 1 tech DTs to take on the C-G combo blocks so that the 3-tech and the DEs can have 1-on-1 match ups. We REALLY need DEs that can get to the QB, and that's what was lacking last year. 

Makes sense. Right! I'm guessing with opponents now having to game plan for CJ and Ealy next season, maybe an increased role for Shaq make throw opposing offenses off and free up KK to rush the QB as well.

4 hours ago, neverlosethefeeling said:

I think this is less true for the 1 technique DTs, and that's where Soliai fits. We rely on the 1 tech DTs to take on the C-G combo blocks so that the 3-tech and the DEs can have 1-on-1 match ups. We REALLY need DEs that can get to the QB, and that's what was lacking last year. 

He must not remember 2011 DL when we had Fua... and the other subpar talent. 

Rather have Love back to be honest. No room on the 53 for three 1Ts. Star isn't going anywhere obviously so it would be either Love or Soilai. I wonder if Soilai is the backup plan and/or leverage to get Love to sign. Negotiations with Love obviously can't be going great since I'd think he would be one of our top priorities to re-sign and we are already 4 days into FA.

32 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Rather have Love back to be honest. No room on the 53 for three 1Ts. Star isn't going anywhere obviously so it would be either Love or Soilai. I wonder if Soilai is the backup plan and/or leverage to get Love to sign. Negotiations with Love obviously can't be going great since I'd think he would be one of our top priorities to re-sign and we are already 4 days into FA.

Good point

7 hours ago, Bartin said:

My thoughts exactly...

Archived