• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is it different for him?

L-TownCat

21 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Miller got away with quite a bit in the Superbowl. Let him act like a fool. He'll never be on a relevant team again. 

He's gonna get paid more than Cam... Any team paying that much to a defensive player will not be relevant. It'll be like Houston. An annual 8-8 team with a revolving door at QB and no future. He got lucky he got his ring while on his rookie deal. Cam will get his rings on his 2nd and 3rd contracts.

2 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

He's gonna get paid more than Cam... Any team paying that much to a defensive player will not be relevant. It'll be like Houston. An annual 8-8 team with a revolving door at QB and no future. He got lucky he got his ring while on his rookie deal. Cam will get his rings on his 2nd and 3rd contracts.

That's wishful thinking on your part. There are no guarantees in the NFL. 

I really want this team to go into Denver and demolish them. Don't lay off the gas. We're hated anyways...might as well have the world hate us for something else. 

This type of stuff...the stuff Von and others are doing...is needed. Riverboat won't even need to do much to keep them motivated this season. This will only feed the team even more. Cam and crew will go out there to hush all the naysayers and haters up. 

Meh, whatever. We showboated our asses to the Super Bowl and he won. 

He can cripple the Broncos with his contract,and turn them into Houston (I think I pied you who said that!).

Enjoy for now. The Panthers should be ready to go next year.

1 hour ago, thomas96 said:

Kaepernick, RG3, Wilson all got ridiculous media praise. 

I am sorry. Are you serious?

Just yesterday I read a story about how RGIII was already "annoying" a sportswriter because he happened to say something to the effect of "Humble people do not say they are humble" at his introductory news conference in Cleveland. According to that reporter, RGIII was trying to brand himself instead of focusing on playing football.

This nonsense that Newton, Keapernick, RGIII, Wilson, Winston, Taylor, Bridgewater, and Taylor are not all in the same boat is asinine. Each and every one of them (including Newton) is about 2 bad starts from their fan-bases calling for them to be benched and traded. Yes that includes Wilson and Winston and Newton. (You want proof: look no further than what happened to Keapernick and RGIII this year). 

The funny thing is that many boards make the argument that Newton receives a ridiculous amount of media praise. For example, if you go on to the 49ers or the Seahawks message board you will find that they think Newton is highly overrated and barely a top 10 quarterback in the NFL. The exact same criticism that is leveled against Jameis Winston or Russell Wilson or Tyrod Taylor or Colin Kaepernick here, concerning their ability to play quarterback, is leveled against Cam Newton on their message boards.

And yes, this is after Newton won of the MVP this year.

So again, each black quarterback faces a disproportionate and grossly disproportional amount of negative press. Not just Cam Newton.

2 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

i understand it is a petty move - just giving the reasoning behind it.

Cam elevated himself to more than just a sports icon this year - he is a social icon.. and with that comes public humiliation when there is an opportunity to do so.. Brady, Peyton, The Golden Calf of Bristol, MJ, Kobe, Lebron, Shaq all have MEMEs made of them all the time.. no one cares or is crying about them..

I understand all the Cam stuff.

Im asking about why Miller gets to go around doing and saying things that should be scrutinized but aren't.

No one is crying for Cam.  And to your point about the memes, it's very rare the victors that use those to go after their opponents.

von miller toppled the dastardly $cam newton so that earns him a certain amount of points

plus he doesn't occupy the sacred anointed position of quarterback; the one position where you have to be so "classy" that your mere presence causes bing crosby and dean martin to involuntary rise from their graves to put in some work on the putting green over a bourbon on the rocks.

and of course my opinion is that certain, uh, "other" factors cause particular quarterbacks to be scrutinized more than others

Von Miller is an idiot who can't handle his 15 minutes of fame.  He will probably spend all his money by age 40 and then sleep on his mother's couch until he dies. 

This is what happens when a great athlete with a pea brain is made rich and given a stage.  He has no idea that the joke will one day be on him.

39 minutes ago, mcdougal said:

I am sorry. Are you serious?

Just yesterday I read a story about how RGIII was already "annoying" a sportswriter because he happened to say something to the effect of "Humble people do not say they are humble" at his introductory news conference in Cleveland. According to that reporter, RGIII was trying to brand himself instead of focusing on playing football.

This nonsense that Newton, Keapernick, RGIII, Wilson, Winston, Taylor, Bridgewater, and Taylor are not all in the same boat is asinine. Each and every one of them (including Newton) is about 2 bad starts from their fan-bases calling for them to be benched and traded. Yes that includes Wilson and Winston and Newton. (You want proof: look no further than what happened to Keapernick and RGIII this year). 

The funny thing is that many boards make the argument that Newton receives a ridiculous amount of media praise. For example, if you go on to the 49ers or the Seahawks message board you will find that they think Newton is highly overrated and barely a top 10 quarterback in the NFL. The exact same criticism that is leveled against Jameis Winston or Russell Wilson or Tyrod Taylor or Colin Kaepernick here, concerning their ability to play quarterback, is leveled against Cam Newton on their message boards.

And yes, this is after Newton won of the MVP this year.

So again, each black quarterback faces a disproportionate and grossly disproportional amount of negative press. Not just Cam Newton.

Keep living with that way of thinking, bet it'll get you a lot of places in life.

3 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

It may have been posted already, or you may have seen the IG post Von Miller made earlier today.

here it is...

image.jpg

Why, is it ok for a Super Bowl MVP to continue to take shots at Cam and the panthers?  He had another pic with our pointing pose with crying Jordan's.

if Cam is held to this uber high standard of professionalism because MVP, why is Miller getting to act this way.

im neither mad nor upset, just a bit curious as to how these weird double standards emerge.  It's not race as the two are obviously black, so what is it? 

When does it become poor sportsmanship?

Panther will always criticized by the media but we will quite  down once we win the Superbowl. BTW i like it its gives the fan and players extra edge on game day, can't wait to rub it in everones' face. 

Archived