Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Don't look for a big move to replace Josh Norman


Recommended Posts

Gettleman, and possibly even Rivera do not put as much value on corners as they do on " hog mollies". Look for them to find a replacement who is already on the team, probably will draft a corner in the middle rounds, will most definitely put an emphasis on the d-line.

For those of you who think Getty is going about this Norman thing the wrong way, just look at another team who drops players and moves on... The much hated Patriots. They've been doing pretty well lately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Growl said:

You may as well have uploaded a picture of you waving a white flag.

Nah. I'm just not wasting the effort.

See, what makes it easy is I don't really have to convince anyone that you're not very bright because enough people already know.

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully a good cb prospect is there at 30 or we pick up one later in the draft,still 

wont fill the Norman void, a vet cb this late into April won't be world beaters IMO but hall may suffice, Best case scenario is to somehow get Norman back with all parties on board. Not sold on bene in the slightest 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nah. I'm just not wasting the effort.

See, what makes it easy is I don't really have to convince anyone that you're not very bright because enough people already know.

"I'm not gonna waste the effort on someone like you! Everybody thinks your bad! You're so not worth my time!"

*blows up every thread I talk about gettleman in*

 

Just ask me out already Scot you're just embarrassing yourself at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Lone Panther said:

I hope we bring in Cromartie on a 1 year deal and then grab Miller in the 4th. 

 

Cromartie and Bene on the edges, Miller & McClain as their backups, and Boykin as our nickle.  Seems solid to me. 

I hope this is the plan  (maybe spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick instead of a 4th) instead of hoping Young or McClain or some other "hidden gem" can cover Julio..

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Dave Gettleman does not change his draft strategy because of one player or position. That is just not his way. 

He said it once again in the latest presser. I already believed it. It doesn't make speculation much fun about which position we should draft for, especially at pick 30, but I kind of like the fact that they've got a plan and are sticking to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has been stated yet, but I KNOW we are probably will not bring in another free agent this year.  If we do, we lose a 3rd round comp pick.

We lost 2 (Nortman and Valasco) and we gained 2 (Boykin and Gradkowski) before we lost Norman.  So, if we sign another free agent--probably a marginal, old player, we lose the third rounder.  So we ain't grabbin nobody.  We will address the need by drafting a cb or 2.

 

Quote

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Growl said:

"I'm not gonna waste the effort on someone like you! Everybody thinks your bad! You're so not worth my time!"

*blows up every thread I talk about gettleman in*

Just ask me out already Scot you're just embarrassing yourself at this point.

If you say so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Not sure if this has been stated yet, but I KNOW we are probably will not bring in another free agent this year.  If we do, we lose a 3rd round comp pick.

We lost 2 (Nortman and Valasco) and we gained 2 (Boykin and Gradkowski) before we lost Norman.  So, if we sign another free agent--probably a marginal, old player, we lose the third rounder.  So we ain't grabbin nobody.  We will address the need by drafting a cb or 2.

 

 

So we shouldn't sign a vet CB because of losing a third round comp pick for next year? We all know as soon as our corners start getting burned, people are going to be calling for G-Man's head for not signing another corner.

 

G-Man said in his presser that his job is to do what's best for the Carolina Panthers and that would be signing a vet corner.  Because right now, all we have is Boykin, a corner coming back from a broken leg, 1 practice squad corner, 1 guy who's sole purpose was special teams, which he sucked at, McClain who's decent, but not great, and most likely a rookie.  Yeah, I don't like the sound of that.  We need to sign someone.  

Edited by The Lone Panther
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...