• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers NFL Draft - Day 2 Predictions

Jeremy Igo

Sooooo much DL talent left (which is kinda why I wanted to hold off, but there's something to be said for getting one of the top talents at a position), wouldn't be surprised if we double-dip again: Dodd, Ogbah, Spence, Bullard, Nassib, Reed, Robinson, Billings, Jones, Johnson, Day, Collins, Calhoun, et al.

DBs too: Alexander, Fuller, Davis, Howard, Redmond, Bell, Thompson, Killebrew, Cash, Green.

That said I'm hoping for an offensive player this time around. Some intriguing raw OT talents still available in Spriggs and Clark, plus guys like Coleman, Beavers, and Hawkins.

Skill players may require a trade up. I'd be ok with Derrick Henry, but I prefer Devontae Booker. Dark horses being Vernon Butler's college teammate Kenneth Dixon and Notre Dame's CJ Prosise. Michael Thomas and Shepard still there at WR, but if we don't move up we should still get a shot at guys like Boyd, Miller, Cooper, or Carroo. And of course there's Hunter Henry. 

Basically, I'm saying there's still a lot intriguing talent out there, no matter which direction we go. 

29 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Of course it's not gonna happen, but AJ will most likely be starting on another team next year and is a proven commodity, he did very well while Luke was out last season. I think he'd be worth a 2nd round pick. Maybe not as high as 38, but I was kinda going for wow factor here.

They actually seen AJ play first hand so they could warm up to it if we add in future pick or later round pick.

1 hour ago, The_Rainmaker said:

Move up midway in the draft and we will get our TE, IDK about patriots they just signed Bennett. I have a good feeling we will get Hunter Henry. Hopefully  couple of QBs go in the 2nd round to push the talent down.

Dak Presscott & Cook

I hope your right, I'm pretty pessimistic about these kind of things but in the end whomever Gman picks I will be sold on if it's a reasonable pick. 

Some predictions from 2nd round mock drafts. 

SB Nation
Carolina Panthers - Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn

After getting defensive tackle Vernon Butler in the first round, the Panthers can add some beef in the second round with Coleman. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2016/4/29/11535542/2016-nfl-mock-draft-second-round-picks
-----------------
Walter football
Carolina Panthers: Su'a Cravens, S/LB, USC
image: http://walterfootball.com/college/USC_logo.gif

Per our Pro Day Results page, Tony Pauline reported that the Panthers have scary levels of interest in Su'a Cravens. I initially was confused, given that Carolina drafted a similar-type player last year in Shaq Thompson. However, Thompson is more linebacker, while Cravens is more of a safety, so it would make sense for the team to have two interchangeable linebacker-safety hybrids. 
----------------

USA Today
62. Carolina Panthers – Devontae Booker, RB, Utah: Eventually, he could be a nice three-down back for the NFC champs. But initially, he’d provide a nice alternative to Pro Bowl Jonathan Stewart, who’s 29 and always seems to be nicked up.
------------------

Drafttek
Michael Thomas WR OSU  
http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round2b.asp
------------------

Bleacher Report
Jerald Hawkins OT LSU 
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2636485-2016-nfl-mock-draft-round-2-day-2-predictions-after-round-1-results

I think Cravens or Thomas would require moving up. The others may be available at 62.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Panthro said:

I have it on good authority that Gettleman wants to watch the Hornets game at 8pm so expect us  trading up with our 2/3.

Real as fug

WHo all gonna be in the Hive tonight?  Shouldn't be the loudest CLT sporting event since the mid-90s

And btw I say we trade up for H Henry

• Pie 1