• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sorry. Gettlemens Draft This Year Blows

chknwing

5 hours ago, Willis1789 said:

William Jackson III was supposed to be our first round draft pick. We started scrambling to plan B, C, D, etc right after he was off the board. 

Le sigh on what coulda shoulda woulda  :( 

2016-04-30 (2).png

This couldn't be further from the truth

8 hours ago, Kuechly59 said:

I'll remember to throw this in your face....

typical knee jerk reactions from idiots.

Gentlemen could of drafted a P in round 1 and and a K in round 2 and people would defend it as genius with a similar reply

9 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Thanks!

Just for purposes of scheduling, I'll be out in the yard from 10:00 AM to noon tomorrow mowing grass, so I apologize in advance for missing any potential exciting news! ;)

I'm up and roving about. The good news is my excitement level is holding steady.  Still not sure I'm tuning in today though.  I'm gonna trust the process but it's gonna be harder this year than the before.

10 hours ago, KillerKat said:

I have to agree that out of all of the drafts in the Gettleman era, this one feels like the worst one so far. For the first time with DG as our GM, I don't feel good about this draft. Feels like one of Hurney's bad drafts. 

At least Hurney would have paid Norman

Basic logic escapes some people. When a website constructs a board / draft projection, they are predicting what the GMs will do. If there is a discrepancy, that means the person predicting is wrong. If I predict you will turn left but you turn right, does that mean you're wrong or am I wrong?

3 minutes ago, J.Cage said:

So do we suck again?

Yep, apparently were selling the team to China...moving tomorrow!

While everyone flips out (huddle gonna huddle), let's try to put this in perspective. GMan got the players he wanted. Would a RB or WR be a better pick if they got cut? Let's grab two guys the coaches and staff believe can contribute.

Sure they weren't sexy, but we don't have a ton of holes. Instead, let's get guys who might see the field instead of being inactive.

And if it blows up in Gentleman's face, he's a big boy and can wear it.

I don't care if you draft them #1 over all or or if they are Mr. Irrelevant if the dude becomes a regular player its a good pick, if they become a stud its a great pick. End of story. Value is way over rated in these things. Everything is in the eye of the beholder. We needed DB help something fierce and looking at these two players WITHOUT looking at draft ranking, I'm pretty psyched about them. Measurables are all there, they seem to be guys that fit the zone scheme well and also have lots of traits we Panthers fans covet. They are aggressive with good length, speed, etc and have lots and lots of upside.

Does every player with measurables and upside become an all-pro, no... but then again we took both and increased our odds of hitting on at least one significantly. What if both do pan out?? HOLY CRAP, we are now SET at DB, LB, QB, WR and DT for the next 5-6 years.... man we are EPICALLY screwed aren't we.

Let's also keep in mind that G-man has been pretty darn good at bringing in talent that works for this system. Our db draft picks have done pretty well all things considered and we have brought in several FA that have worked out well for us. If Dave saw enough in these two guys that he HAD to have them, then I'm very encouraged by their potential for that reason alone.

Archived