• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sorry. Gettlemens Draft This Year Blows

chknwing

Im not far behind ya. 

Can anyone honestly say they knew anyone drafted by us before hand? Yeah yeah typical answer of players who come from small schools we get it. 

BPA was for sureeeeeeee not going on this year. But whatever... Keep Pounding.

Does anyone have a idea what direction the GM will go in once DG steps down? Its not like he will be with us in 5 years? Love the guy by the way. Not coming off saying he should go sit on the porch.

22 hours ago, Kuechly59 said:

I'll remember to throw this in your face....

typical knee jerk reactions from idiots.

I think the DT butler pick is bad because we dont need a DT half as bad as a DE. nothing against the player we just had bigger areas of need.

19 hours ago, Willis1789 said:

William Jackson III was supposed to be our first round draft pick. We started scrambling to plan B, C, D, etc right after he was off the board. 

Le sigh on what coulda shoulda woulda  :( 

2016-04-30 (2).png

Lol absolutely not.....

This excerpt simply means that since we were 5 picks away from making our decision, we needed full concentration.

Has nothing to do with who Cincinnati selected.

op you got balls to say that on this forum, i agree value wise, and this proves why bpa is overrated.

DG drafts who he wants, and that's fine, i just wish people would quit trying to justify EVER single pick with some elaborate plan when in reality we don't know in the slightest.  

I actually have no problems in this draft. DG effectively identified the areas of need for this team and he filled it out. Think offense first. Are we going to draft any linemen, wr, or te that will replace the current set or backups? Probably not. We had one of the best offenses last year and any offense player drafted in round 2 or later would seriously have a hard time making this team as a backup. 

Now onto defense where we are super solid on LBs and the DL is pretty strong with the secondary being very questionable. We draft the BPA in round 1 which is a DT to rotate with KK and Star and improve pass rush. That is great! If he can be a similar player to KK then we got ourselves another steal. We are basically stacked everywhere else besides DE CB and S. DG is very excited about the DE group and thinks we got great talent there which means no one needed from the draft at DE who can replace the current backup DEs. So in next few rounds we throw everything at CB because really that is the only position of need on this entire team except safety. We have Bene and that is it so we take 3 CBs and bam our team is already looking very good. 

Archived