• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Zack Sanchez CB Oklahoma in the 5th Round

bobsfoodbasics

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

Bene hasnt been able to play a whole season without getting hurt, realistically there is nothing wrong with these picks.

Technically if we had filled our needs in FA wed be able to go BPA in the draft. We didn't though, so we're forced to act like were shopping at the grocery store. Dave just said "We need three of these...and..."

Just now, MadHatter said:

We have KB, Funchess, Ginn, Brown, Hill, Bersin....there isn't a WR in the 5th round of this draft that is going to beat out ANY of those guys.  

Go back to Madden...the actual game of football has long passed you by.

Honestly man...you're too smart to reply to him...I never quote or reply to that guy...people should seriously stop...just ignore it for real...hopefully it will go away.

by the way - this guy is a Nickel while the other two were outside guys- with how much we play nickel in the modern NFL this is almost like drafting a different position

Sanchez will get great tutelage from both Bene and Boykin this year and is great insurance against losing Boykin next offseason (bc we all know were going to make him look great and some team will overpay for him)

Just now, Growl said:

Technically if we had filled our needs in FA wed be able to go BPA in the draft. We didn't though, so we're forced to act like were shopping at the grocery store. Dave just said "We need three of these...and..."

How could we have filled our needs in FA and still sign Short/Star/Norwell to a contract? 

8 minutes ago, Mage said:

People also need to remember that we still have a lot of money to spend if we want to pick someone up off the free agency market.  Gettleman's proven he is willing to do that and we are closing in on the deadline where it won't affect our comp pick next year.

So for those of you begging we add something to our offense, it's not too late for that.

Exactly.  We can add some depth when cuts are made.

10 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Stfu already

You like bringing up how are defense has old players guess what, Ginn, Olsen, Khalil and Oher are all old. Our offense was the reason we lost the SB. No team in NFL history has had back to back number 1 scoring offenses.

I remember when no team in NFL history had won the NFC South two years in a row...

Just now, MadHatter said:

We have KB, Funchess, Ginn, Brown, Hill, Bersin....there isn't a WR in the 5th round of this draft that is going to beat out ANY of those guys.  

Go back to Madden...the actual game of football has long passed you by.

There is not a 5th rounder who would beat out Hamilton, Byrd or Norwood either.

People do not get it--we were paper thin at CB WITH Norman.   I thought we might take a third CB, but I thought it would be Harlan Miller.

2 minutes ago, SupercaMVP said:

How could we have filled our needs in FA and still sign Short/Star/Norwell to a contract? 

2 minutes ago, SupercaMVP said:

What is this even supposed to mean?

It seems to suggest that you believe that signing players would prohibit us from signing those players, but that'd just be silly.

19 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

This made what I suspected after the last pick obviously the case. Gettleman is just throwing darts at a board hoping one pans out to replace Norman. 

Ye, that's our GM, someone whom throws poo at the walls hoping somethung will stick.

Just now, MHS831 said:

There is not a 5th rounder who would beat out Hamilton, Byrd or Norwood either.

People do not get it--we were paper thin at CB WITH Norman.   I thought we might take a third CB, but I thought it would be Harlan Miller.

Yep.  I like Sanchez better than Miller for this pick though.  We drafted two outside corners and now a nickel corner.

Archived