• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if I told you our draft went like this....

XClown1986

1st Vernon Butler DT

2nd Jeremy Cash SS

3rd Zach Sanchez CB

4th Keyarris Garrett WR

5th Daryl Worley CB

7th Jake McGee TE

UFAs: James Bradberry CB, Beau Sandland TE, Jared Norris LB

Does that make you feel better? Knowing that the media would see this as a better graded draft but knowing we got all of these players anyway, regardless of round or order? If you say yes, kindly take a big step back and fug your own face because you are a moron.

The problem isn't who we got, but how and when we got them.

I think we could have still got Bradberry and Worley in the third and fourth round and used the second on an OL.

Someone here the other day said they don't doubt Gettleman's ability to find good players, but he lacks the ability to know how other teams rate these guys and takes them too early.

I tend to agree with that thought

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I think we could have still got Bradberry and Worley in the third and fourth round and used the second on an OL.

Someone here the other day said they don't doubt Gettleman's ability to find good players, but he lacks the ability to know how other teams rate these guys and takes them too early.

Gettleman said today that he ranks players based off how they fit with the team in terms of scheme and measureables.

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

And as pointed out in that other thread,  it only takes one other team to feel the same about a player and grab them and you can't know if that is the case. He said Bradberry and Worley,  we're the 5th and 6th graded CB"s on their board. Gettleman has demonstrated that he can evaluate players,  so assuming he is right about these two,  they are going to be good. It's reasonable to assume that at least one other GM thought that also, meaning they MAY not have been there if he waited.

9 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

One team....... it takes ONE team to scoop up your player. Your supposed "skill" that he lacks is bullsh*t. There is NO WAY to tell how a team is feeling about a player at that exact moment and when a team will change their mind. I just find it so amusing hearing armchair GM's trying to school the Executive of the year on what he lacks.

5 minutes ago, Bj-Monster23 said:

Gettleman said today that he ranks players based off how they fit with the team in terms of scheme and measureables.

I get it, and that's all well and good

But wasn't it one of those two top corner picks that we were the only team that brought them in for a visit?

Seems like as good an indication as any that he would have lasted either to the third round (of it was Bradberry) or we wouldn't have needed to give up our 4th to trade up in the third to get our guy?

Gettleman may have got his guys, but it seems like we could of had them plus other solid players at the same time

In 4 drafts Gettleman has rebuilt the interior of the defensive line to one of the best in the NFL, rebuilt the receiving corp with 2 good young receivers in KB and Funchess, drafted a DE in Ealy who could break out into a Pro Bowl year if he plays like he did down the stretch last year, drafted/signed 2 stud guards in Turner and Norwell, and has now hopefully rebuilt a secondary for the long haul instead of piecemealing one every year. What more can you hope for? Other than having a better option if Oher goes down (but Darryl Williams could potentially play either Tackle spot), there's not much more you can ask for IMO.

Furthermore, Gettleman has turned the worst cap situation in the league into one of the best. We have won 3 division titles in a row and went 15-1 and to the SB.

Other teams are competing too. And while none of this happens without Rivera and Newton, Gettleman deserves a lot of credit too.

15 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Gettleman is fundamentally flawed when it comes to the draft because he's not a mindreader. Let's fire him and bring in Lestat de Lioncourt.

"I work at Target unloading trucks each night, and I know exactly when we should have taken guys in the NFL draft without seeing any film or even knowing their names"  "Gettleman on the other hand, the NFL Executive of the Year,sucks"

Cant beat the Huddle

50 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

1st Vernon Butler DT

2nd Jeremy Cash SS

3rd Zach Sanchez CB

4th Keyarris Garrett WR

5th Daryl Worley CB

7th Jake McGee TE

UFAs: James Bradberry CB, Beau Sandland TE, Jared Norris LB

Does that make you feel better? Knowing that the media would see this as a better graded draft but knowing we got all of these players anyway, regardless of round or order? If you say yes, kindly take a big step back and fug your own face because you are a moron.

Both Cash and Garrett would have been major reaches.

But imagine if we had all our 7 draft picks, rounds 1-7.

We didn't have a 4th and 6th rounder.

So just insert Cash as our 4th rounder and Garrett as our 6th rounder.  Most would probably give us an "A" grade yes?

Archived