• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will B-Wegs break out this year?

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Agreed. I never understood the whole 45 players can be active when 53 are on the team

It's so that each team going to have the same number of healthy players to play with on game day. If one team had no injuries and the other had 8 this works to alleviate that affect.

Last year Jordan Todman looked better than Fozzy in the pre-season as did Wegher. Their snaps I believe were all vs 2nd and 3rd string units so there shouldn't have been a big disparity in competition faced.

Aside from the screen pass vs Arizona Fozzy's impact has felt minimal at best, Joe Webb replaced him as the main kick returner, and I personally have yet to see that 'scat back' mitch match quality that Rivera has referenced the team has been looking for either from Fozzy. 

CAP reminds me of a cross between Stewart and Mike Gooodson (as he seems to fight through contact, and may have just a step in speed), while Wegher seems to have the better burst of all the backs similar to Williams, but he comes across as more physical. 

In the end I'm hoping we keep Stew, CAP, Wegher, and a FA Scat Back with speed.

I don't see the need for a 10th OL on the 53 that will likely never see the field. 

Oher / Norwell / Kalil / Turner / Remmers >> Williams, Gradkowski, Scott, Free Agent (Focault to PS as the 10th spot)

The sad truth is that the issue may be settled in training camp not by production, but by injury. We've been really lucky so far to not have someone come up lame in the preseason among our RBs and Tolbert. Barring that, and everyone comes out scot-free, then of the three questionables (Fozzy, CAP and Wegher) it isn't who will be the heir to Stewart, but who can perform in Tolbert's role. While Tolbert is a FB, we use him less like a traditional lead blocker and instead as an out of the backfield threat for the short range game. Whoever shows up with good hands, a hard first hit on a defender and a pop for an additional couple of yards will be the man. If he can make his blocks, too...

I haven't seen that from Fozzy, sorry to say, He's a good guy and all but he hasn't fulfilled the role of the RB2 with any performances that just make you go wow. Arizona once, but not as much as needed for that roster spot. 

I trust that the staff knows what they are doing with the decisions they make. They see these guys practice every day and know what their strengths and weaknesses are. If they chose a guy like Fozzy to be on the team then there is a practical reason. Gettleman, Rivera, and Skipper aren't stupid and making decisions on a whim. Knowing Gman he's not going to pass up a chance to show off Wegher if he is worth doing so.

Fozzy isn't RB2, he's more like 4

31 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cameron34 said:

Well, if he doesn't blow his ACL out again or have an injury as severe he's a lock 

Can't say I disagree, especially after how Proehl was gushing over him, saying '' you are gonna make me famous''. 

KB / Funch / Ginn / Hill / Brown / Byrd (if we keep six)

I don't believe that they kept Wegher all of last season, just to make him vulnerable this season. 

He will get work, regardless if it's with the first team or not, and he will produce, solidifying why they felt the need to protect his spot in the first place. 

Moreover, Stew has his injury moments, and we are going to need Wegher in the rotation.

I really think that Fozzy is behind the 8-ball ... His 2014 yr was more productive than his 2015 with about the same amount of touches and catches.

2014 .... 32 rushes for 145 ... 5 catches for 60

2015 .... 25 rushes for 108 ... 12 catches for 64

If he doesnt show up for the preseason ... I truly believe he is the one that will be leaving the backfield

Why would they use a roster spot on him last season if we were just gunna let him walk this season?

this gives me reason to think Wegher is in the long term plans at the position. 

Maybe not this season cause Stew, but im on the Wegher breakout hype train. 

Archived