• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina getting KB back makes our offense unstoppable

Crazydounut

So as i'm sure all of you know that KB will be back as our #1 reciver this season. This is the outlook on our offense 

QB: Cam

HB: Stewart/CAP

FB: Tolbert

WR: KB, Ginn, Brown, Funchess, Garrett/Bersin/Hill/Byrd

TE: Olsen

O-line: Oher, Norwell, Kalil, Turner, Remmers/Williams

With that interior offensive line, KB back and improved reciver core depth wise. We should have one of the best offenses in the league.

Look at the stats from 2014 with KB in his rookie year. (Reminder that our offensive line was one of the most inconsistant in the nfl and that we had no good healthy running backs that season. As well as we didnt have Ginn who had a good year this last year.)

2014:

PPG: 21.2 (19th)

YPG: 346.7 (16th)

Sacks Allowed: 42 (12th worst) 

Pass attempts: 545 (19th)

Sack %: 12.97

T/O(+/-): +3 (13th)

Rush Avg: 4.3 YPC (13th)

Pass Yards Per Game: 219.4 (19th)

Pass Yards Per Attempt: 7.0 (T-20th)

2015: 

PPG: 31.2 (1st)

Note: Lets be honest. Our defense set up some points for our offense to take PPG with a bit of salt

YPG: 366.9 (11th)

Sacks allowed: 33 (11th best)

Pass attempts: 501 (27th) 

Sack %: 15.1

T/O(+/-): +20 (1st) 

Rush Avg: 4.3 YPC (T-9th)

Pass Yards Per Game: 224.3 (24th)

Pass Yards Per attempt: 7.7 (T-6th)

With a healthy Daryl Williams back. We should be able to improve on our flaw on offense which is sack%. Meaning a more consistant offensive line production.

With a healthy KB back our passing offense per attempt could be at the top of the NFL this season. Our rushing offense will still be the best in the NFL. I expect our offense to be the best in the league overall. Assuming that we avoid any big injuries.

Really excited for the potential, but there are still questions for me.  I think we got lucky with J Stew last year, and about the maximum number of games he'll ever play. Unproven depth at RB, and even TE, could be interesting if they're needed. The play of Remmers and Oher was above expectations, but can they keep it up? And then as already said, our defense forced a TON of turnovers last year....that'll regress a little, and the offense will take a little bit of a hit as a result. 

All in all, though...it has the potential to be the best offense the Panthers have ever had. Cam coming into his prime, having absolute control of the offense, KB back, the progression of Funchess? Yeah...we might need to just shift philosophies a bit and become more pass oriented some games. 

I dislike this argument "the defense set up the offense for points".  Every other team has a defense too, and it shouldn't be much of a difference for us this year.  Yea, we lost JNo but our pressure should be better with a better rotation at DT and hopefully Ealy stepping up to provide pressure from the DE spot we just didn't have last year.  I don't see much, if any, of a drop off in our defense this year.  It will just be more like three years ago when the pressure from Hardy and CJ helped the secondary rather than the other way around like this past year. 

Points win games, not yards.  The only thing I don't like is when they add DST scores to PPG, because the offense had nothing to do with that.  The stat should be Offensive PPG, but I don't think the official stat counts DST scores and that was a factor in our #1 standing in this case.

Let's hope so, I have worries about our defense next year.  Nothing major, but don't think we'll have a top 5 unit like we've grown accustomed to recently.  I think we'll have one of our best offenses ever though, if Oher plays well again especially.  Can't wait to see Funchess.

6 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Let's hope so, I have worries about our defense next year.  Nothing major, but don't think we'll have a top 5 unit like we've grown accustomed to recently.  I think we'll have one of our best offenses ever though, if Oher plays well again especially.  Can't wait to see Funchess.

Well not having Norman will show at times but this defensive line should be nuts. Plus Shaq will be better and as long as we have Luke, the plays that need to be made will be made.

Offensively I'm stoked. We need Payne and Wegher to step up but otherwise I think KB, Funchess, Ginn, Brown and Olsen will be too much for any defense to handle.

Remember Jeremy said that Funchess is even looking better than  KB. Obviously  the season hasn't started but the thought of that doesn't spell well for the rest of the league.

Archived