• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"To show you jackasses at 37 I can still play"

Jeremy Igo

Seventy-three players were chosen ahead of him in the 2001 draft, 72 of whom are out of the league. He has outlasted all but Drew Brees. Initially, he was supposed to be a return man only—not a wide receiver. He was called injury-prone early in his career. Late in his career, the only team he knew for 13 years fired him.

But he's still out there working so hard to come back and prove to anyone who doubts him that he can that he's vomiting.

The man is the embodiment of perseverance in the face of adversity, and I hope he has a career year.

In my book, he is better than Jerry Rice and Randy Moss. He's the best WR of all time, and that isn't because he was a Panther. He's five feet nine inches of raw molten lava waiting to explode in a violent eruption on the field. He always has been, and I can only believe he still will be once he gets back on the field. As Zod said and as I've said before, Smith had to catch passes from Jake Delhomme and Jimmy Clausen among others. He WAS the Carolina Panthers for damn near a decade. Put him in Marvin Harrison, Jerry Rice, or Randy Moss' situations, look past the nitpicky emotional outburst incidents, and Steve Smith is the clear #1 GOAT and there is no debate about it.

it's becoming funny now for the last 3 years its been the same crowd waiting and waiting and waiting for smitty production to fall off.........and he has proven year after year the doubters wrong, he's coming back from injury but the ravens have the young guns to go deep, smitty is going to have a good year, harbarugh is a great coach and i'm sure he will put smitty in the best situation to help them win games but also not put to much workload on smitty's back.

just sit back and enjoy one of the G.O.A.T play his last year  

Archived