• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think we missed Stew out there more than we thought

ooglechi

Especially in pass pro. Although CAP ran alright today, neither him nor Fozzy held up well against Zimmer's exotic blitz packages. I remember one play in particular where Fozzy stepped up to take on an interior rusher (which was already blocked) and let Harrison Smith to have a free rush off the edge to drill Cam in the back. Let's hope Stew is back sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

With the way our OL is blocking, we may be better off just going with Fozzy. Power oriented between the tackles runners aren't getting any room to run. Fizzy has the ability to bounce it outside more so than Stew or CAP. 

Splitting some time between Fozzy and Stew is important or else you lose the change of pace. I don't think that Fozzy can be a bell cow back himself.

Also, anyone else notice that in each of the last 4 losses Stew was either out or hampered with an injury?

34 minutes ago, Toolbox said:

Ehhh if you want a blocker just put tolbert in.. if you want better running just let Cap play and fozzy can be the pass catching rb.

Tolbert is really bad at blocking. 

On second down, the second time we were pinned deep near our own EZ, Shula calls a QB draw. Actually not a bad play call to give us some room to work with on 3rd down. 

Well, Tolbert decided to run up Olsen's back and then block Olsen for the next 3 seconds as Cam runs into the LBs with no lead. Or with a lead FB blocking his own TE.

I think we made a mistake letting Wegher go for Tolbert. 

1 hour ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

i think we missed josh norman and greg hardy. 

sometimes you need those fiery competitors to spark a team. we haven none. 

Complacent. Just like Rivera.

Expect the same as always. Turns out the first half of the season last year was a fluke.

I believe it had to do with all the impact plays the secondary made with Tillman, Norman, Harper, and Coleman at FS. Harper could not cover, but he could stick his nose in the middle of everything in the box and create a turnover.

Coleman needs to move back to FS at the very least. The rookie CBs need to start causing fumbles and intercepting passes before the game is put away.

2 hours ago, ooglechi said:

Splitting some time between Fozzy and Stew is important or else you lose the change of pace. I don't think that Fozzy can be a bell cow back himself.

Also, anyone else notice that in each of the last 4 losses Stew was either out or hampered with an injury?

Not week 1, he was fine. The other 3, yes.

Archived