• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who would you promote to OC?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

In midseason, that would be an extremely difficult thing to do.   They would have to learn our playbook and system, because creating a new one in midseason would be nearly impossible.  

OP didn't specify midseason promotion. if that were the case i'd say dorsey hands down.

2 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

Greg Roman runs offense smiliar to Shula , I would take because he knows how to use traditional run game a lot better. 

The offense might be similar, but the play calls and signals, etc... would be different.  Not saying it couldn't be done, but it wouldn't be easy.  

And do we really want to hire someone who was recently canned?

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The offense might be similar, but the play calls and signals, etc... would be different.  Not saying it couldn't be done, but it wouldn't be easy.  

And do we really want to hire someone who was recently canned?

Or he could use Shulas signal and yes if you want to grow change is necessary. He got canned because Rex was saving face plugs Bill personnel < Panthers . His days with 49rs where good we have similar interior OL and RBs to spark this offense

Just now, pstall said:

All the plays seemed to work last year. But not this year.

Now what has changed?

For the most part, the execution has changed.  Most of our games have been filled with turnovers, mental errors, and drive killing penalties.  Offensively, that is far and away the biggest difference between this year and last.  

47 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Looking at the coaching roster the only two choices would be Dorsey or Hoener.

Dorsey seems like a bright guy, taught at IMG academy. I'm sure he has a handle on the playbook and as a former nfl QB understands defenses.

Hoener is the current tight ends coach. Has college OC experience from back in the day.

I would probably lean towards Dorsey.

I don't think Proehl would be considered. Hard to go from WR to OC. Hasn't been focused on so much of the game.

This all said, none are really good options. As much as I have always wanted Shula to be replaced, there is no one on the staff currently that would help.

And that's by design. Same way there's nobody to replace Ron

4 minutes ago, Ornias said:

Ask both of them this simple question:

Late fourth, game tied, would you run straight up the gut 3 straight times? If yes, then fire them immediately. If no, ask what he would have called and go from there.

Rivera said in the presser yesterday that he was fine with those three play calls.  Which is pretty disturbing.  

55 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Dorsey would be an upgrade over Shula, even mid season, but gd I don't want another promotion from within. Don't make the same mistake we made not giving Hue a shot. Find a real OC forcrissakes. 

They arent hiring an outside coordinator during the season. That might be unprecedented and wuld be monumentally stupid.

Archived