• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers DE Solution: Horton on RDE, CJ and Ealy Rotated at LDE

Saca312

2 hours ago, Bartin said:

Maybe they finally got a chance to read the huddle during the bye week so they knew to add some more quick passing routes and switch Ealy to the left side.

It's only a matter of time until we trade for Joe Thomas, Joe Haden, trade for Knile Davis, trade Stewart for a 2nd rounder, trade Anderson for a 3rd rounder, and fire Gettleman.

15 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Kony and Johnson ate easily our best 2 at the end position. pretty easy to understand they wanted them both on the field at the same time.  

I'm rather curious why Kony doesn't play as well on the other side, but I like the fact they  are rotating him and Johnson. 

He's like Zoolander. Can't turn left.

i was reading pre-draft reviews about Kony and it looked like he was supposed to be somewhat of an athletic freak for a DE. but after watching him for going on 3 years, he hasn't popped out as a freak in that department. his game just seems much better suited to beating a RT.

i feel like we're basically taking Horton and keeping that side of the line neutral or as a loss for us during the first 2 down, while now trying to apply pressure up the middle and on the CJ/Ealy side. obviously a guy like Addison comes in on 3rd down and tries to bring the heat. it's an interesting approach.

Kony and Johnson ate easily our best 2 at the end position. pretty easy to understand they wanted them both on the field at the same time.  

I'm rather curious why Kony doesn't play as well on the other side, but I like the fact they  are rotating him and Johnson. 

I guess the same can be said about Johnson.

Neither can play RE it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Johnson played his best game this past Sunday as he has in a long time. He was at a new level. Very disruptive. It was nice to see and hope it continues.

One thing all season I continue to see a rotation with the DT's with Star and Short on the sidelines a lot. This past weekend was that way again with them on the field more on passing plays. The coaching staff has enough confidence in other guys to stop the run I guess and the did great this past week and want a more rested Star and Short to rush the passer.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived