• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

James Bradberry beast stats

Benotheking

3 minutes ago, csx said:

The odd thing is if Norman had stayed and Bradberry was picked those people would love Bradberry 

It would be an amazing combo no doubt.  Norman knew our scheme and Bradberry has come a long way.   I know people yank their hair out the way we handled the Norman situation.   Norman was playing hardball and wouldn't sign the franchise tag. 

Gettleman made a decision and personally I was shocked but I didn't blame him.    Norman would have set a precedence that would have been hard to overcome with other stars coming up for a contract.

Cam, TD and Kuechly signed reasonable deals for the good of the team.   So those that truly want to be a part of this team can sign reasonable deals.  Norman cared more about the big money than being apart of a great organization.    I am sure some will reach for greed and some will stay for unity.

Nature of the beast.

7 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

What is up with people and "swag"? It's so overblown...how much swag/emotion did Darrelle Revis ever play with? How about our very own Chris Gamble?

Is this like the CB version of Cam being compared to Brady/Manning's demeanor? Swag is mixture of confidence topped off by someone's own style, no different than a player with 'swagger', a universally-accepted positive adjective. Gamble, Revis, and any other top-flight CB play/played with plenty of swag, swagger, confidence, or whatever word you want to use.

flop.gif

1-nfl_large_580_unlimited.jpg

12 hours ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

And to think the haters in here thought we drafted him too early. I had my doubts... until I took a gander at the SPARQ ratings.

Why does thinking we drafted him too early make someone a hater? Gettleman's possible drafting gaffs inasfar as maximizing his draft capital is concerned isn't a bad reflection on Bradberry. On a certain level, the two don't have anything to do with one another. 

I do believe we could probably have gotten him a round later, but I didn't have a huge problem taking him in the second. No disrespect to Big Vern, who may turn out to be a fine DT, but I had a much bigger issue with Gettleman on that pick than drafting Bradberry in the second. Even bigger problems were the picks of Worley and Sanchez (which essentially all emanated from releasing Norman from his obligation).

Sparq is overrated. I noted pretty early on how Bradberry had a lot of promise because of his cerebral approach to the game, and a greater understanding of the dynamics of how his position fits into the big picture.

16 hours ago, Benotheking said:

From PFF

Carolina Panthers at Oakland Raiders

Carolina Panthers at Oakland Raiders

27. Panthers CB James Bradberry has allowed a 51.2 percent catch rate, fifth-lowest among cornerbacks who have been thrown at five or more times.

In September, Bradberry had up and down moments with Carolina before missing time with a foot injury. Since his return over these last three weeks, he’s allowed just nine of 17 passes thrown his way to be caught for 69 total yards. This week he faces a tough challenge with Derek Carr, Amari Cooper, and Michael Crabtree. If Bradberry can turn this three-game hot streak into a four-game one, the Panthers may have something special in their left cornerback.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-32-pff-rookie-stats-to-know-for-nfl-week-12/

I think there were 9 cb's drafted ahead of him last year.  

Gettymagic 

5 hours ago, KSpan said:

Is this like the CB version of Cam being compared to Brady/Manning's demeanor? Swag is mixture of confidence topped off by someone's own style, no different than a player with 'swagger', a universally-accepted positive adjective. Gamble, Revis, and any other top-flight CB play/played with plenty of swag, swagger, confidence, or whatever word you want to use.

flop.gif

1-nfl_large_580_unlimited.jpg

I know what swag is lol.  This is nothing like the comparison you made...I have nothing against players with swagger who play with tons of emotion, I'm saying I don't fault a guy who DOESN'T play with a lot of it if they clearly perform in spite of it. A better example than the one you gave would be if someone was like "Peyton Manning was a pretty good quarterback and all, but man imagine how great he would've been if he had swag"....it's foolish and nitpicking to criticize a player who is quiet on the field when he clearly performs at a high level.

The guy who posted about swag clearly didn't mean it as simply "confident", the implication was that he wanted Bradberry to play with more emotion/fire.

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

The guy who posted about swag clearly didn't mean it as simply "confident", the implication was that he wanted Bradberry to play with more emotion/fire.

Pretty sure that post was NOT implying what your saying. As long as he does his job, he's good in my book... clearly you missed the whole point. 

17 hours ago, Saca312 said:

But the thing is...they weren't for big yards.

They might be "short yardage" chunks, but I don't think I've seen a WR burn him yet after catching the ball. 

Only thing close is Brads rookie mistake against the Rams that Keenum missed by a country. 

That's it.

Or the TD that he gave up to the 49ers the PFF never counted.

Or when the Saints burned him bad, but Coleman bailed him out.

Or when Julio Jones torched him to start the Falcons game making Bradberry look lost.

Or against the Broncos when he was run all the way down the field to be put out of position for a game changing big screen play.

Or when Stefon Diggs rattled off 3 straight first down plays to set up the the game changing TD play.

Or when the time he got burned in the Rams game that was already mentioned.

James "1st Down" Bradberry gives up more 1st downs than any other CB in the league with the exception of Daryl "Whiff" Worley. He better be thankful Worley is on the opposite side or he would look a lot worse.

17 hours ago, Verge said:

Week 1 when he was out of place and whiffed tackles.

Bradberry is horrible at tackling, but most people want to pretend like that part of his game does not exist. Opponents specifically target Bradberry with their running game. I have never seen so many successful sweep plays in a season on the Panthers defense.

He should not be starting. Neither should Worley. They are the worst CB combo in the NFL.

The Panthers secondary is the poster child for why you should not start multiple rookies at CB.

Archived