• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can some please explain to me how...

AceBoogie

50 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I don't think Gettleman should be fired. That's very very premature talk. Anyone suggesting that is not worth conversing with.

But my god it is f*cking pathetic watching smart posters here literally eat their own feces if it means they don't have to direct any blame Gettleman's way.

The man f*cked up in the offseason. It is okay to admit that. He's done plenty of good for us, but he blew it this year. That is indisputable. What we need to see moving forward is that he has learned from this.

This right here.

I'll be the first to suckle on the teet of Gettleman but even I admit he had his shortcoming this offseason. 

But people putting ALL of the blame on him just come off as idiots because it's been a perfect storm of bad things happening to us that has lead to the 4-8 team we are this year and blaming one individual isn't the right call.

Injuries

Vet retirements/contract expiring (Allen, Tillman, Harper, etc.)

Gettleman's failure to replace said Vet leadership

Injuries

Players not playing up to expectations (Ealy, Short, Tolbert, Benjamin, Coleman, even Cam)

Losing Every single close game this year when we won every single one last year

Replacement players to our injured players getting injured themselves.

Poor Coaching

Poor execution

Boneheaded penalties and mistakes (Benjamin)

Failure to wear ties before games (or going to a strip club depending on your source)

Karma apparently too

Horrible reffing league wide

But we still have a good young core in place and next year I expect we'll be much better. If we can get a decent Pass rush our defense will look much better because that's what our entire scheme is built around - pressuring the QB. When we fail to do that then our defense isn't built to do that well.

And I said injuries a few times because they have been really, really bad this year. Last year there was pretty much no one injured other than Luke for a few games. Everyone else who was important was healthy. This year we had 4th and 5th stringers playing the future HOF Drew Brees in his house... That was destined to come out poorly. Our o-line is in shambles due to injuries. Our depth there is actually OK, it's just that everyone just kept getting fuging injured my god. We have 3* Starter quality tackles on our team (*yes even Remmers. Just because he's a starter doesn't necessarily mean he's a great one) which isn't bad considering one is a second year prospect who showed promise while he filled in for injury until he too was injured as well. Our Guard depth is solid too. Kalil went down and it all fell apart because his replacement was also playing through injury. 

I'd also like a new O-Coordinator, you know, one who can realize when something isn't exactly working correctly and adjusting things. That'd be nice. 

But yeah, this year's been a bummer and let down but it's no one person's fault. The people putting all the blame in one area just look silly and belong on the Panther's facebook page where the rest of the dumbasses hang out. 

Anyone else notice these mouth breathing Gettleman nut huggers like Scot and Promethean are throwing the coaching staff under the bus to protect Gettleman? The mental gymnastics and lengths they go it's quite entertaining.

Thats the difference between rational posters and Gettleman nut huggers, most of are willing to see this coaching staff is flawed and needs to be changed, we don't care if they decide to fire Rivera and Shula. But we also see how Gettleman has destroyed this season and how his last couple of drafts have been disastrous and how he's sitting on his ass during free agency while other teams are willing to spend. He also takes zero  culpability in his wrong doings and is letting his players take the blame.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're quoting a teenage kid who thinks Madden ratings apply in the real world.

To play devils advocate, madden ratings are based on real life performance lol, but all jokes aside to what do you attribute the massive drop off defensively?

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Peanut hurt, and unable to contribute. Retired.  Gettlemans fault. 

Bene not coming back well from injury. Gettlemans fault. 

Norman wanting elite money. Gettlemans fault.

Kony not being as good opposite of Chuck. Gettlemans fault.

Players not executing, playing as well as they are coached. Gettlemans fault.

Injuries. Definitely Gettlemans fault. 

In conclusion,  it's Gettlemans fault, and don't anybody argue differently/bring any logic into this conversation. 

you forgot a few -

The NFL has a salary cap.  Gettleman's fault.

Panthers picking 31st instead of top 10 every round.  Gettleman's fault (actually that one partially is his fault)

Tougher schedule.  Gettleman's fault.

Time of Possession 2015: 32 minutes, 2016: 30 minutes.  Gettleman's fault.

The panthers are 41-24-1 on his watch and made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years (including a SB).  We're in good shape financially and our franchise quarterback is locked up for 4 more years.  I just don't get the hate for the guy based on 1 down year.

7 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

you forgot a few -

The NFL has a salary cap.  Gettleman's fault.

Panthers picking 31st instead of top 10 every round.  Gettleman's fault (actually that one partially is his fault)

Tougher schedule.  Gettleman's fault.

Time of Possession 2015: 32 minutes, 2016: 30 minutes.  Gettleman's fault.

The panthers are 41-24-1 on his watch and made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years (including a SB).  We're in good shape financially and our franchise quarterback is locked up for 4 more years.  I just don't get the hate for the guy based on 1 down year.

They're still hurt from the super bowl loss and don't know where to direct the rage/anger because it confuses them so they lash out on the ones trying to fix things but not doing it the way they wanted them to.

They also might be wrestling with some insecurity issues in their lives but appreciate you playing with them.

13 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

To play devils advocate, madden ratings are based on real life performance lol, but all jokes aside to what do you attribute the massive drop off defensively?

Number 1: Injuries.

Number 1A: Going into the season thinking that Ealy and Johnson would be just as good as they were in the Super Bowl. A reasonable expectation mind you, but one that didn't pan out.

Number 1B:  Counting on that pass rush to give rookie corners some protection and time to adjust.  When that didn't happen, they looked like rookies. And even good rookies are still rookies.

Other factors to throw in: KK Short not showing up like last year, Thomas Davis losing a step, Tre Boston disappointing, the offense being injured and/or just bad, etc.

I'd add that on the topic of coaching, while I've been off the Rivera bandwagon for a while, I actually still like McDermott, though not so much that I'd keep Rivera to save him.

TOP can be misleading. 

Last year the team jumped out to early leads and could play lots of zone and bend but don't break def.

This year it's the opposite.  The off prefer to play with a lead a lead ( who doesn't) and rest the d.

We are losing bad in takeaways giveaways. 

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Bending over backwards to defend someone from criticism? Something tells me @Jeremy Igo would like to have a talk with you about that.

Realistically though, most of the smarter people on here don't have an issue admitting Gettleman made mistakes. The problem is most of the discussion around it comes from dimwits like Rainmaker and Gooby and other of our resident morons who can't manage anything more intelligent or substantive than "Gettledouche sucks!"

Heck, one of our better posters tried making a thread for rational discussion about it and the usual morons dumped in there too.  It's just tough on here right now.

Bottom Line: If you could weed some of our more vocal dumbasses out, you might get a halfway rational discussion. As is, we're stuck with children who think writing in big fonts makes your argument better.

You talking about Cam? You don't wanna go there with me chief. Don't step near those flames. You aren't Igo. No Cam Newton, no 3 time back to back to back division champs, and no SB50 for our offensive line to fall apart in. Cam has literally turned this franchise from a steaming pile of dogshit hellbent on proliferating a culture of mediocrity helmed by Jimmy *barf* Clausen to a contender. Yes I will continue to defend him from petty click bait bullshit. There is criticism like maybe being slightly annoyed about an overthrow, and then there is just plain stupidity in the name of discussion. If you or anyone else doesn't like it, tough damn titty.

As far as Gettleman goes, if we could give up a 4th rounder for a 35 year old punter, I think we could have done a better job of addressing our OL depth at the least.

Not only did we allow our defense to fall apart, we've allowed our QB to get beaten to a pulp. There is no way on this earth you can consider our offseason anything but a failure.

You could count on one hand the number of idiots saying things like "Gettledouche", but they are generally ridiculed with little mercy, and rightfully so really. But they are without a doubt outnumbered by individuals who would practically sell both their testicles before admitting Gettleman failed in the offseason. 

23 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

This right here.

I'll be the first to suckle on the teet of Gettleman but even I admit he had his shortcoming this offseason. 

But people putting ALL of the blame on him just come off as idiots because it's been a perfect storm of bad things happening to us that has lead to the 4-8 team we are this year and blaming one individual isn't the right call.

Injuries

Injuries

Players not playing up to expectations (Ealy, Short, Tolbert, Benjamin, Coleman, even Cam)

Poor Coaching

Poor execution

Failure to wear ties before games (or going to a strip club depending on your source)

Karma apparently too

But we still have a good young core in place and next year I expect we'll be much better. If we can get a decent Pass rush our defense will look much better because that's what our entire scheme is built around - pressuring the QB. When we fail to do that then our defense isn't built to do that well.

And I said injuries a few times because they have been really, really bad this year. Last year there was pretty much no one injured other than Luke for a few games. Everyone else who was important was healthy. This year we had 4th and 5th stringers playing the future HOF Drew Brees in his house... That was destined to come out poorly. Our o-line is in shambles due to injuries. Our depth there is actually OK, it's just that everyone just kept getting fuging injured my god. We have 3* Starter quality tackles on our team (*yes even Remmers. Just because he's a starter doesn't necessarily mean he's a great one) which isn't bad considering one is a second year prospect who showed promise while he filled in for injury until he too was injured as well. Our Guard depth is solid too. Kalil went down and it all fell apart because his replacement was also playing through injury. 

I'd also like a new O-Coordinator, you know, one who can realize when something isn't exactly working correctly and adjusting things. That'd be nice. 

But yeah, this year's been a bummer and let down but it's no one person's fault. The people putting all the blame in one area just look silly and belong on the Panther's facebook page where the rest of the dumbasses hang out. 

I couldn't have said it any better.  Great post.

58 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Peanut hurt, and unable to contribute. Retired.  Gettlemans fault. 

Bene not coming back well from injury. Gettlemans fault. 

Norman wanting elite money. Gettlemans fault.

Kony not being as good opposite of Chuck. Gettlemans fault.

Players not executing, playing as well as they are coached. Gettlemans fault.

Injuries. Definitely Gettlemans fault. 

In conclusion,  it's Gettlemans fault, and don't anybody argue differently/bring any logic into this conversation. 

Realistically, Bene wasn't expected to be fully back yet.  Those injuries take time.  So that isn't a blindside hit. 

Ealy/Johnson? It was pointed out all offseason by many it was foolish to think 1 game suddenly made Ealy a legit starter across from an aging CJ.  It was talked about at great length that pairing those weak DEs with the rookie CBs with Boston over the top was a recipe for disaster. 

Norman wanting elite money doesn't excuse not tagging.  If he wanted to build a more cost effective secondary he could of used the tag as a bridge to let guys develop first. 

27 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

This right here.

Injuries

Injuries

Poor Coaching

Poor execution

Karma apparently too

I can agree with most of that. Well put.

Though I must say, as far as the part about our OL, yes we have definitely been hampered by injuries. But even before the injuries, our OL allowed Cam Newton to get absolutely obliterated in Denver. Since SB50 our OL steadily veered further, and further right off a cliff. Inadequacy on the OL has been a trend throughout the Newton era, I'm to the point where I'm ready to do whatever is necessary to change that moving forward. No excuses, no more free passes because of salary cap or because Hurney sucked. We have Cam, and Luke in their primes right now. Who knows how long it will be before we see guys like that here again. It's all in or nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Also. If I'm Gettleman, I tell Rivera to locate his testicles immediately, and stop coaching in games like a scared pussy, or gtfo.

Archived