• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brief 3 round mocks, post 'em here

JawnyBlaze

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I see what you did here, and I would go a different direction.  I wonder if DG will "double dip" at DE...he did it at DT and CB--I would not be at all surprised to see DE go in rounds 1 and 2---if we don't re-sign Addison and/maybe or Johnson.

Assuming we do not add a big free agent and Addison and CJ are back:

1. Derrick Barnett DE Tennessee (You guys convinced me--Barnett gives the team immediate pass rushing pressure from the RDE spot)

2. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford (I expect 2 RBs to go in the first round--Fournette and Cook)  CM gives us a good runner, blocker, and receiver---for that reason, I take him--leave him in the backfield, he is a good protector and they blitz Cam a lot; motion hiim out and he is no match for a LB in coverage--or a SS for that matter--he runs good routes and has good hands; hand off to him and he is pretty good as well)

3. Avery Gennesy OT TAMU (Left tackle and a decent one with upside..We are probably not replacing Oher next year, and if we do, it will be Remmers.  AG can develop for a year because we do not want 2 rookies on the OL in 2018--I am guessing we have a rookie C)

-----------------------BONUS MHS831 --JEANYUS------------------------------------------

3b. (comp pick) .Jake Butt TE Michigan (CBS gives him a 3/4 round grade and he has been dropping since his injury.  Butt is a good receiver and blocker, making him a nice fit here. His injury may prevent him from participating in the combine, so I expect him to be there at the end of 3.

4. Nazair Jones  DT UNC (Hard to say, but I sense problems re-signing KK and a tag coming---Nazir could be on the board here and is in the same mold.  So we get a quck, penetrating DT and salary cap room for letting Norman leave--not a bad thing, really.  I think Bradberry will be better and Norman is a head case.)

5. Obi Melifonwu  SS UCONN (Big, smart, and fast.  May not be a day 1 starter, but could become one soon--smart enough to learn the defense quickly, call schemes, etc and big enough to cover the big TEs)

6. JJ. Dielman OT Utah. (Another case of an injury dropping stock, but some feel JJ was the better of the 2 Utah OTs.  Developmental, but we need to start grooming OTs to compete with Williams, Oher, and Remmers.

I'll take this, but just the 1-3 deal.

I just can not see the value in either safety or RB for the first pick. A safety at the 8th spot, he better be Sean Taylor/ Ed reed version 1.03. To me safety is the last postion of value on a team(not counting STers). RB is similar, plenty of examples. Since LT are not in favored in this draft, gimme DEs. I'd even support back-to-back picks with the first two.

1. Marlon Humphrey DB Alabama

2. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford

3. Ryan Anderson DE Alabama

3. Harold Landry DE Boston College

-----

4. Lowell Lotulelei DT Utah

5. Antonio Garcia OT Troy

6. Stacy Coley WR Miami

7. John Johnson S Boston College

At the moment, that is what I would like to see without trading down to increase value.

11 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Elijah Hood announced he was entering the draft. Wouldn't want him personally. He's a great tough runner but constantly injured

He DID?  WOW.  I know people who know his family and they said he was staying---shocking.  I think we need to build the line first and then get a good back.  Dallas got that right.

17 hours ago, Saca312 said:

No clear starting SS acquired via FA?

1st: SS Jamal Adams

2nd: RB D'onta Foreman

3rd: TE Jordan Leggett

Got a good SS?

1st: RB Lenoard Fournette

2nd: TE David Njoku

3rd: DE Carl Lawson/S Budda Baker 

That first triple is probably the most ideal senario for the Panthers. They can use the rest of their picks for DEs and a speed WR heir to Ginn

15 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

1. Marlon Humphrey DB Alabama

2. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford

3. Ryan Anderson DE Alabama

3. Harold Landry DE Boston College

-----

4. Lowell Lotulelei DT Utah

5. Antonio Garcia OT Troy

6. Stacy Coley WR Miami

7. John Johnson S Boston College

At the moment, that is what I would like to see without trading down to increase value.

I don't think McCaffrey gets past the late 1st unless his combine totally sucks. 

Expanded to 7...(first 3 rounds same as before)

My goal here is to completely revamp the OL and the offensive backfield.  Add a REAL fullback, and get some fresh blood at tailback.

1) Cam Robinson (OT - Alabama)

635990758825694800-SW01-REG-2-0902-75510

2) Solomon Thomas (DE - Stanford)

solomon-thomas_df_101516_152.jpg?w=525

3) Marlon Mack (RB - USF)

1411186573000-USATSI-8094561.jpg

3) (Part 2) Adam Bisnowaty (OT - Pitt)

adam-bisnowaty-pittsburgh.jpg

4) Eddie Jackson (S - Alabama)

hi-res-027b04419029c0eebfe50072248f17da_

5) Zay Jones (WR - East Carolina)

6_4835569.jpg

6) Freddie Stevenson (FB - Florida State)

Florida+State+v+Mississippi+zWWHCqeQs4Rl

7) Jahad Thomas (RB - Temple)

ap-jahad-thomas-temple-penn-state.jpg

On 1/9/2017 at 11:46 AM, 15 said:

1. Malik Hooker S Ohio State

2. Garrett Bolles OT Utah

3. Marlon Mack RB South Florida

Hell to the yeah!

If Hooker is gone, then Adams. If Bolles is gone, then Johnson. If Mack is gone, then Perine.

I like Leggett with the comp. Or Switzer (maybe in the 4th), good route runner that can help with the return game.

Archived