• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Fournett, Adams, ... are gone

AU-panther

5 hours ago, Panthro said:

Everyone should be gone by our pick

1 hour ago, Riverboat Ron said:

What if every player is gone and we get no players in the draft? :(

I'm not sure what is more entertaining.  The people who claim everyone is going to be gone by the time we pick or the people who try to make fun of the people who claim everyone is going to be gone by the time we pick.

The idea that the first four that I named could be off the board by the time we pick could very well happen.  The other two guys, Barnett and Hooker, I personally think at least one of them will be there when we pick , but I included them in the question because they seem to be high on a lot of people's wish list around here.

If Fournette, Adams, Barnett, and Hooker are gone, then you draft Dalvin or Cam Robinson. If there is only 1-2 Qbs taken before us, then I expect a trade down with someone between 10-14 for a team to hop up such as the Browns to get a QB could pick up another 2nd-3rd rounder and still get someone like Dalvin and Cam. 

Obviously our biggest glaring need is at Tackle and Safety.  Most view that there isn't a top 10 tackle worthy of drafting that high.  But if you trade down and acquire more picks then a Cam Robinson in the 10-15 range wouldn't be as much of a reach. 

Bet money Panthers spend quite a bit of time with Cam Robinson testing and interviewing to determine those off the field issues.

Obviously Barnett should be the pick if there, but I'm shocked Ryan Ramczyk wasn't listed in 4 pages of posts.  He might not surge in the next two months since he'll miss combine testing, but in the weeks leading up to the draft he could easily go higher than projected simply based on position and potential.  Bleacher Report had this very scenario last week-no QBs in the top 7, Fournette, Adams, Barnett gone, Ramczyk the pick at 8.

Archived