• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Flashback: Good Times...

Saca312

So, I was looking through some of my papers, and I happened to find this by pure luck:

image.jpeg

Yep. It's my Panthers pamphlet from the Buccaneer game of the 2015 season, arguably the most beautiful game I've ever been a part of.

Seriously, if you haven't been to that game, you missed out.

I mean the atmosphere was amazing. From the pure domination, the MVP chants, the unity of a franchise excited for a playoff run, it was euphoric.

Also, in that pamphlet, I noticed something:

image.jpeg

We has 6 offensive players in the probowl. 

All 6 are still on the team and likely to make an impact (well, besides Tolbert; low expectations for him.) 

Not to mention Norwell really showing up as an underrated guard, and Daryl Williams looking like he'll hit form. And the fact Kelvin Benjamin will most likely be motivated to forget this season and improve.

It really does amaze me how great we were. We had an NFL leading 10 players in the pro bowl in 2015, and we only lost 1 of them; that guy didn't make the probowl this year due to his team circumstances.

Just imagine adding a 2nd TE and a 2nd RB plus a reliable slot receiver would do for this offense.

Lastly, I saw this:

image.jpeg

We all give Graham Gano flack for sucking this year, but in 2015 he was killing it.

He was pretty clutch back then in 2015, and he just had a terrible year this year.

Whether it's injury or the kicking plague that hit every kicker this year from the looks of things, he just was off.

Nevertheless, he showed in 2015 why he deserved his big contract. Sure, it didn't pay off in 2016, but he still has potential to be really good.

Don't count him out just yet.

Sure, things look dicey this year, but just take a look back at 2015. When you realize we still have our impact players on the team, understand we're not far off from another superbowl appearance.

Good times are coming.

Guest Lasus83
Yep, we came really close then fell flat on our face in the Super Bowl. Oh, but fear not, we weren't done embarrassing ourselves quite yet! The entire 2016 season was to follow!

Way to chop down any positivity... no place for positive thinking in 2017

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

10 minutes ago, Lasus83 said:

Way to chop down any positivity... no place for positive thinking in 2017

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Not right now. Not with a hated division rival on the doorstep of achieving what we could not. The "positive" side of that coin? Belichick and Brady get another ring. Fug. Nope, no place for positivity right now. I'll just be glad when this is over and all the media focus is on the draft.

6 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Yep. It's my Panthers pamphlet from the Buccaneer game of the 2015 season, arguably the most beautiful game I've ever been a part of.

Seriously, if you haven't been to that game, you missed out.

I mean the atmosphere was amazing. From the pure domination, the MVP chants, the unity of a franchise excited for a playoff run, it was euphoric.

The one Panthers game my wife and I have ever attended, as the last leg of our US honeymoon - I'm glad you remember it fondly, because it was incredibly special for us.

From tailgating with @RoaringRiot to a once in a lifetime opportunity to be on the field for warm ups (and a chance to say g'day to our mate Coach Beam) to four Cam TDs, it was a really great finish to a month in America.

It was also a nice way to solidify my wife's love of the Panthers, for me it's been  more than 15 years, for her just a couple - but these days she's always emailing me about how Gettleman needs to lay off the hog mollies and that while you might not be able to teach 6'5, can you teach some separation from CBs? (In many ways she was born to be a part of this fanbase)

So whilst it might have just been another regular season game for most of you, it was an incredible day for us despite what happened a month down the track. We can't wait to do it again at some point in the future.

17 minutes ago, hermolt said:

The one Panthers game my wife and I have ever attended, as the last leg of our US honeymoon - I'm glad you remember it fondly, because it was incredibly special for us.

From tailgating with @RoaringRiot to a once in a lifetime opportunity to be on the field for warm ups (and a chance to say g'day to our mate Coach Beam) to four Cam TDs, it was a really great finish to a month in America.

It was also a nice way to solidify my wife's love of the Panthers, for me it's been  more than 15 years, for her just a couple - but these days she's always emailing me about how Gettleman needs to lay off the hog mollies and that while you might not be able to teach 6'5, can you teach some separation from CBs? (In many ways she was born to be a part of this fanbase)

So whilst it might have just been another regular season game for most of you, it was an incredible day for us despite what happened a month down the track. We can't wait to do it again at some point in the future.

Foster? 

2 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

As bad as the Arizona game in 08 was, that Seattle playoff game last year was that much better.

The sound that stadium made when Stew busted through the line on the first play was that of pure joy.

Hard to top moments like that.

Agreed.  On that Stew run I threw my hands up in the air and hit the guy holding his nachos behind me.  Cheese flew back four rows.  We were all covered, and didn't give a damn.  Then a few minutes later Luke had a pick 6 and the stadium was shaking.  I've been to a lot of games, but that seattle playoff game was by far the best experience ever to date.  

Archived