• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agents Poll

Admiral Ackbar

Free Agents Poll  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these 3, which Free Agent would you like the Panthers to acquire?

• Alshon Jeffery
    • Jason Pierre-Paul
    • DeSean Jackson

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Coming out of college, people said he fit more as a 3-4, but certainly more than capable of adapting to a 4-3 style; albeit arm length and hands were an issue.

Interesting prospect; though likely to command a lot of money from a team fishing for a pass rusher.

Just curious, do you see us drafting a DE high or signing a solid DE in FA? 

4 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Just curious, do you see us drafting a DE high or signing a solid DE in FA? 

I feel the value at DE goes deep, but there aren't many immediate impact players for the 8th pick value. Allen and Garrett are most likely gone, and after that I'd have guys like Fournette, Adams, and even Hooker above the next DE available. 

I can see us going for one in the 2-4th rounds. I see us also bringing in a DE of some kind as insurance and hope towards finding an every down starter. There's no doubt we'll attack that issue somewhere, but I certainly don't see us drafting a DE in the first round unless one really impresses Gettleman.

1 minute ago, MrBubba said:

Not in poll. But Andre Whitworth would be my number one free agent wish.  

On a short deal with not much money in the backend is reasonable.

He's got maybe 2-3 years left max. Wouldn't mind giving a contract around that area.

Can we please remove Alshon Jeffrey's from all off season polls.  He's a good receiver but his value in free agency will be horrible. He just wants too much money for a guy who's NEVER stayed healthy. 

And if he's caught with PEDs again(to try to stay healthy,  cough cough) it'll probably be a 8-10 game suspension 

10 hours ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

Had dinner with Jamison Crowder the other day.   One thing he said about DJax scared me for the panthers.  He said he's a great teammate and loves to win but would complain to the coaches when he wasn't getting the ball.   Referred to Arizona game in the red zone when Cousins had Jamison as read 1 and Garçon as read 2 but DJax was on sideline play before in coaches ear.....so in the huddle the coaches got into the ear piece of Cousins and changed it to fade to DJax.   Coverage ended up being busted with Crowders guy going to Garçon leaving him wide open.  But fade to DJax called and incomplete.

So worried if it will stunt the growth of Cam with DJax.  But will love that speed for Cam.... 

Well you shouldn't be throwing him a fade that's problem #1. 

Archived