• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mel Kiper 2017 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

Catufb85

I am not a insider member of ESPN, or will I ever pay to be.  I searched around online to find a site that will just provide me with his picks.  Now I know Kiper is usually way off with his picks.  But I find it interesting with the way his Top 10 goes and with him predicting us taking DE Taco Charlton from Michigian.  I believe its the first mock ive seen so far that has us taking him...

http://campussports.net/2017/02/15/mel-kiper-mock-draft-2017-version-2-0-released/

1. Cleveland Browns – Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
  2. San Francisco 49ers – Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
  3. Chicago Bears – Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama
  4. Jacksonville Jaguars – Jamal Adams, S, LSU
  5. Tennessee Titans (from Rams) – Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
  6. New York Jets – Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
  7. Los Angeles Chargers – Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
  8. Carolina Panthers – Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
  9. Cincinnati Bengals – Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
  10. Buffalo Bills – Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/taco-charlton?id=2557882

From what I gather from someone on Michigan's staff...Taco is a freak athlete that looks the part but has motor issues and is a bit high-maintenance and thinks a lot of himself. That is not to say those issues couldn't change when he reaches the next level, but something to think about. If the draft fell like this I'd prefer we take Solomon Thomas or OJ Howard but it's a nightmarish scenario. Really hoping one of Fournette, Adams, or Hooker is on the board.  

7 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

From what I gather from someone on Michigan's staff...Taco is a freak athlete that looks the part but has motor issues and is a bit high-maintenance and thinks a lot of himself. That is not to say those issues couldn't change when he reaches the next level, but something to think about. If the draft fell like this I'd prefer we take Solomon Thomas or OJ Howard but it's a nightmarish scenario. Really hoping one of Fournette, Adams, or Hooker is on the board.  

From what I gather at this point, I think the Jets go QB.  They need one horribly, and the FA's out there aren't much better.  So, Fournette still is a possibility.  This will be a reach, and I despise it (the Taco pick).  

I still can't see the NYJ taking a HB. With the issues surrounding Richardson, and Wilkerson I think we see a premiere defensive talent go there in the 1st. 

They are playing to beat NE first and foremost, so one of the S's or a pass rusher IMO is the pick there. As you need to be able to get to Brady, and you need to be able to cover on the back end. 

Archived