• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers deal is final. He is coming home.

SIGCHI222

2 hours ago, Manos said:

Peppers, CJ, Addison, Ealy, Horton, KK, Star, Butler and Love. It isn't the greatest DLine rotation of all time but it should be pretty damn effective if everyone's snaps are properly managed.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I personally don't see Horton making the team.  100% chance we're drafting a DE and the chances of us keeping six DE's on the roster is slim.  I actually like the idea of keeping six DE's though but with Horton not being one of them.  I personally think they should double dip at DE in the draft because there's a good chance Peppers retires after 2017 and Johnson could soon follow, and the jury is still out on Ealy.  We all thought he was going to blow it up last season, but was a bit of a disappointment.  Had a few decent games, but if he ends up having another mediocre year, I could see G-Man moving on from him which is why drafting two DE's in this DE deep draft would make sense. 

I hope this true, it's believable at least.   We were going after him last year.    I haven't heard of him linked to any teams this FA period and CJ is pushing hard to grab him.     

Peppers is 37 but I feel he's in age 29 shape.   He's still a great player.  He had 7.5 sacks last year in a defense that just isn't that great.    You use him correctly in a rotation with our nice DT core and I think he'll produce.    He also has ball skills so always a threat to grab an INT or fall back into coverage a bit.  

Put it this way, if you think Allen was helpful when he was here (he was) Peppers imo would be way better.  

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

I love how the one person Carolina chooses to target that can actually help this team win (which is the goal of sports believe it or not) the majority doesn't want.

Can't say I'm surprised. 

Yeah the levelheads are butt hurt over pep.

i can't wait to see #90 home.

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I love how the one person Carolina chooses to target that can actually help this team win (which is the goal of sports believe it or not) the majority doesn't want.

Can't say I'm surprised. 

They'll get over it.   Peppers, other than Smith, has been the most exciting Panther play to watch for me.  Luke is a beast but Peppers did crazy stuff here.    I was ready for interceptions and blocked kicks all the time with him.   He's a HOFer and probably the best Panther ever.    He's from NC.   It's time to come home.  

Archived