• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not Draft related: Prisco ranks all NFL coaches...you won't be happy

Moorgan

Looks about right to me. No SB win. These hacks have a memory span of 1 season so considering that its what you would expect. Of course its daft that good rookie coaches who've done nothing like Gase are ranked ahead. But hey. Wanna be remembered for something? Win the big show.

Dead in the middle. Sounds about right. The upsetting articles don't start coming out until at least preseason. Expect things like, and I quote, "The Carolina Panthers are a terrible franchise. Terrible. And they're going to have a terrible season." That statement was made before our 15-1 season started.

I got no problem at 16. Rivera is severely handicapped on the offensive side of the ball.

Will the players play for him? That's more important and this will be his first season without a proven outstanding DC.

His greatest handicap is a mental midget as his OC. Will the Panthers be talented enough on the O side of the ball to overcome it this year?

Time will tell.

What is an NFL head coach? Is he a leader that is orchestrating parts of a machine? Or is he a task master dedicated to micro management? Success can be found at all levels and in all types. As a former military man, I think leadership is about communicating and connecting with (in this case) your players.

I think Rivera is excellent at that. I think he's a player first guy who wants maximum effort. I think he succeeds at that. I don't think he's outsmarting the opposition but not because he's not smart but that his focus is on the players.

Thatcan be interpreted differently. But in the end, I'm happy to have him as a coach and can easily see why the team finishes strong...you want to please him. That makes him a good leader.

16 is about right. 

Panthers have yet to have back to back winning seasons.

Failure to add any wrinkles for the SB was a disappointment.

Ron is also suspect with his in game calls, especially this last season with his use of timeouts vs Tampa that likely cost us the game and his decision to punt rather than go for it on 4th and one with the season on the line.

Keep hoping he'll take his coaching to the next level, but it is hard to see any progress in his in game management skills over the years.

Archived