• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jabril Peppers must've also been sick at the combine

Moorgan

12 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

I'd be cool if he doesn't slip to us. Not trying to bad mouth him just don't see him as a Panthers fit.

Some may not like him, but he is, IMO, a total Panthers fit.

He's the safety version of Shaq Thompson and arguably the top athlete in this draft. He was asked to do things at Michigan in 2016 that detracted from his true skillset as a DB. However, the additional tasks asked of him have made him more well-rounded. He was a truly selfless player that put team needs above personal gains. 

His piss may have been diluted, but that doesn't necesarily mean good or bad. We can speculate what it is, but at the end of the day, Peppers is a versatile athlete that has leadership qualities and a 'team over all' attitude that is passionate about football. No laziness here and some team that drafts him will get a quality SAF to captain their secondary.

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

BTW I wouldn't draft any guy who fails the combine drug test. They have a decision making problem. Wish the best for Jabril as I really like him as a guy but if you can't make good decisions for literally a few months of your life I don't have faith in you to make good decisions the rest of your career 

You can't judge a human being because of one mistake.  Justin Houston failed a drug test at the combine and he has been just fine in the NFL with absolutely zero disciplinary issues that I can think of.  I'm almost certain you wouldn't have a problem taking him on the team.  Even Von Miller has failed tests.  It isn't like Peppers is Gordon, who got kicked off the team for repeated drug mishaps.

Judge everyone on an individual basis.  Obviously none of us have spoken to Peppers, but if we felt highly about his character, then this shouldn't take him off our board just because he failed a test.  I'd be really disappointed if we passed on him at #40.

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

You can't judge a human being because of one mistake.  Justin Houston failed a drug test at the combine and he has been just fine in the NFL with absolutely zero disciplinary issues that I can think of.  I'm almost certain you wouldn't have a problem taking him on the team.  Even Von Miller has failed tests.  It isn't like Peppers is Gordon, who got kicked off the team for repeated drug mishaps.

Judge everyone on an individual basis.  Obviously none of us have spoken to Peppers, but if we felt highly about his character, then this shouldn't take him off our board just because he failed a test.  I'd be really disappointed if we passed on him at #40.

Generally speaking, I agree with you.  But that mistake could be a deciding factor if he drops to us and we are torn between him and another candidate.  For example, if Fournette and he are both available at the 8th pick, and the team has both roughly even on their board, then Fournette might get the nod simply because he didn't make a mistake, while Peppers did. 

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

WTF is a diluted sample anyway?

If you dilute your urine sample with either over hydrating or with something like bleach- the drug test can not distinguish if any drug metabolites are in your urine

Basically think of it like this. A drug test is like finding a needle in a small sized haystack with a metal detector. Diluting your sample would be adding tons and tons of hay to the stack so that the metal detector wouldn't even be able penetrate through

7 minutes ago, Mage said:

That's fair

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

If you dilute your urine sample with either over hydrating or with something like bleach- the drug test can not distinguish if any drug metabolites are in your urine

Basically think of it like this. A drug test is like finding a needle in a small sized haystack with a metal detector. Diluting your sample would be adding tons and tons of hay to the stack so that the metal detector wouldn't even be able penetrate through

And because they can't figure out IF he would've failed and what he may have been hiding we can only assume it was either a recreational drug (weed) or a performance enhancing drug. I wonder if it were the latter, would that change people's opinion?

12 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

And because they can't figure out IF he would've failed and what he may have been hiding we can only assume it was either a recreational drug (weed) or a performance enhancing drug. I wonder if it were the latter, would that change people's opinion?

yea we have no idea what he was doing but he definitely was intentionally hiding something. You don't "accidently" dilute your urine it takes a conscious effort to drink that much water or obvious intentionally dilute it with a chemical 

Archived