• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Browns Release Gary Barnidge

Bartin

I doubt very much he'd like to come back here considering we did a lot to make sure he stayed buried on the depth chart. Chud believed in him and brought him with him to Cleveland when he left. Plus, he's probably looking for somewhere to start and that isn't here. He would fit a need, but I think we already burned this bridge. 

Just now, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Why on god's green earth would they release their best TE and 1,000 yard receiver two seasons ago? Did he have a massive contract? 

They drafted Njoku, he did sign a decently large extension after his big year and they are all in on getting younger.

Just now, Bartin said:

They drafted Njoku, he did sign a decently large extension after his big year and they are all in on getting younger.

That makes sense. The Browns are actually bringing in some serious talent. In years past, they would have been the team to trade up for the QB instead of the Bears. If they do get a good QB, they will be contenders.

As for Barnidge, if we don't upgrade in the draft then we should definitely give him a look.

Archived