• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Browns Release Gary Barnidge

Bartin

7 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

I'm not talking about last year. I'm talking about what they're doing in this draft, which is very impressive. We have all seen how quickly things can change in the NFL so don't count them out because of last year.

As for Njoku, why would they draft him in the 1st round and not start him? This is what teams do when they're rebuilding.

Because Njoku is raw as hell. They took the best prospect in the draft at #1 overall, but they still don't have a QB. If they had planned to draft a QB at #8 or a trade up from #8, then they probably should've just taken the guy at #1 instead. As long as they don't have a QB they won't be able to consistently compete. The other two guys they drafted are both very talented, but also very raw.

37 minutes ago, mjligon said:

We walked away from Captain, that didn't stop him from returning.

We walked away from Ted Ginn, that didn't stop him from returning.

I see your point, but I don't think he would be against coming back. Just depends on what he wants to do at this stage of his career.

The only issue here is that I'm not sure we walked away from Captain or Ginn. I think they walked away from us. In Captain's case, he got a wayyyy better offer than he could have gotten here. Ginn is just a mercenary and is going to take whatever contract has the most zeros. From Gary's tweet, he emphasized opportunity with Cleveland... which seems to suggest he didn't get much of one before that. Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but I don't know if I would feel comfortable as a player signing on with zero hope of being the starter at 32 and this being basically your last chance to cash out somewhat big. 

Archived