• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article: Ron Rivera On Panthers Offense: Get The Ball Out Of Cam's Hands Quicker, Avoid Pressure & Hits, And Let Play-Makers Do The Heavy Lifting

Saca312

The notion that we haven't had a short yardage receiver is laughable. Any receiver can be a short yardage guy. Kelvin Benjamin is 6'5" 240+ and is routinely lined up against guys that are 5 inches shorter and 50 pounds lighter, if we can't figure out a way to get him the ball on a slant route, we have system issues, not personnel issues. We haven't tried to get the ball out of Cam's hands quickly; that has never been the game plan. It looks like that will change going forward and that is a good thing.

I don't think its stupid to question if Cam will change his approach to how he delivers the ball...because a lot of QB's have established types of play and most don't deviate from that. its just one of those things that you live and die with..with the particular QB you have.
Doesn't mean its impossible but its a fair question..imo

Gotta give the guy the plays first before you judge. He is deadly on crossing and slant routes. It's not impossible to say he's not. Don't forget the TE/WR/RB screens he's quite adept at (minus the OAK game). It's not impossible to think he can adapt. Have faith Panthers faithful!

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

3 hours ago, Saca312 said:

He hopes to see Cam getting the ball out of his hands quicker and in the hands of his play-makers.

How many years have many of us said this very thing.  Now it's an issue?  Just get rid of................ah the hell with it. You all know who I would love to see let go. 

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Cam is more Big Ben, Favre, Marino than Brady and Brees.

Asking Cam to be a dink and dunk QB is like asking Frank Thomas to become Ichiro, or Mike Tyson to become a jab artist. It's not gonna happen. Cam knows his best asset is his arm 

People are delusional if they think our offense is gonna change into the patriots offense.

Who is saying that

i think you sre delusional of what the general concensus is

and god forbid our coach says they will get that ball out quicker. Yeah fug rivera. Cam needs to sit in the pocket too long like he has been waiting for an open reciever that wont get open

its not like adding weapons will open up targets and that simply allows cam to actually let go of the ball on time, (quicker) 

but yeah were transitioning to dink and dunk like you insist

IMG_0110.thumb.JPG.a477345bd3424b14935f5b8c95f32895.JPG

They were in need of dynamic playmakers and hopefully Samuel and McCaffrey can fit the bill.

While the guys we had could go up and catch it if got there, we lacked explosive guys who could take it to the house(maybe Ginn but that was 50/50).

Cam is great at using his physicality to break tackles when he runs and actually has break away speed. No, he doesn't have to catch the ball but when he has the ball he is electric. I can't say that about the wideouts aside from Ginn. 

People like to protect certain players who need a cattle prod or public shaming from coach every year to take this sh seriously. You either have the fire and desire or you don't.

Gettleman drafted a guy after he cut a HOF receiver who was still dominating, world be damned if that guy didn't get the opportunity to fill those shoes(targets). Now that there are more mouths to feed who will stand out?

This year is make or break for receivers who need to define themselves. If any of the rookies are any good there will be an odd man out. 

9 hours ago, The Huddler said:

Who is saying that

i think you sre delusional of what the general concensus is

and god forbid our coach says they will get that ball out quicker. Yeah fug rivera. Cam needs to sit in the pocket too long like he has been waiting for an open reciever that wont get open

its not like adding weapons will open up targets and that simply allows cam to actually let go of the ball on time, (quicker) 

but yeah were transitioning to dink and dunk like you insist

who is saying that? OP......

18 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Ron Rivera said that the offense was always designed to get the ball out of Newton's hands faster

Thoughts?

Thoughts? On his statement above?

Utter tripe and complete BS.  Rivera is showing himself to be a dishonest tool completely willing to sell *his* QB down the river in defense of his own tattered reputation as a head coach (which good parts and high points are 100% due to *his* QBs ability over six years to create fantastic plays out of uncreative HC/OC crap).

There's my thoughts.

The offense has always been designed to get the ball our of Cam's hands quickly?  I must have been watching different games for the past half decade.

Also, anyone thinking that Cam will magically turn into this maestro to hit slant routes in traffic with Brady precision is deluding themselves.  I would love to see that, but I would be crazy to think it's just gonna click in the span of his 6th off-season.

3 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

If we had bill bellicheck as head coach and shanahan as OC we would probably lose 2 or less games a year. Talent is there but its up to the coaching staff to pull their heads out of their asses

It's interesting how many fans have no clue how awful our coaching staff truly is.  

Just listen to Newton's own words.  He said himself he needs to get the ball out quicker. You all can ignore the very simple explanations coming straight from everyone's mouth but it's been laid out very plainly for us to see.

Archived