• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's just the 49ers and Bills"

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

I have full confidence this offense will get going in a big way to match the play of the defense. Cam missed the entire offseason. Of course the rythym and timing of the offense will be off to start the season. If our defense can just hold up long enough for our offense to catch up... watch out

Cam game 1 he was at 50%

Cam game 2 he was at 75%

Cam game 3 I expect him at 90% up to being normal.

The D may have some more struggles against better offenses if our offense keeps struggling to move the chains. Lot of vets who will get tired over the course of games. Fortunately the offense has done enough the past two games, but against a better defense I feel like our defense could get winded late in games which may hurt us. Really hope we can establish a consistent run game with Stew and McC so we can control the clock and hopefully be efficient in the red zone as well.

9 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

Cam game 1 he was at 50%

Cam game 2 he was at 75%

Cam game 3 I expect him at 90% up to being normal.

Let's keep our fingers crossed Cam doesnt develop a lingering ankle injury after Sunday.

he said in the post game that he heard the carteliege "crunch" that you hear when you roll your ankle. No beuno 

52 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

The D may have some more struggles against better offenses if our offense keeps struggling to move the chains. Lot of vets who will get tired over the course of games.

Actually, one of the positives so far is that Panthers ARE moving the chains (with only a few exceptions), just not putting up a lot of points.

I believe Panthers lead the NFL in time of possession (I saw it on Twitter - I think it was Voth who wrote about it, but I haven't verified personally). 

You know that 4th Q drive where we couldn't score a TD on 1st & 1 at the 1?  That was a 73 yard 8:28 minute drive...

It gives me confidence.  We're getting into opponents territory & red zone with pretty good frequency, but settling for field goals.  Not a lot of 3 & outs.  2 of 11 drives in week 1;   2 of 10 drives in week 2.

Keeps the defense fresh...  Very important..

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The first team since 1981, and plenty of teams have opened up against bad offenses. 

Let that sink in. 

was going to ask you who that team was OP, but:

54 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

That 1981 team that also did this? Plot twist: it was the 1981 Buffalo Bills

Dun dun DUN

kudos SMF. thanks! for anyone who doesnt know and is too lazy to look it up lol, the 1981 Buffalo Bills made the playoffs with a 10-6 record and lost in the divisional round in a closely contested game against the Bengals. 

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

Shear dominance by the defense right now. They are also allowing less than 200 yards per game in those first two games. 

if you believe that history repeats itself than look no further to the Broncos from a couple years ago.

2013: insanely good broncos offense runs into a buzz saw in the form of Seattle in the Super Bowl and gets embarrased

2015:  Broncos defense is otherworldly and carries their team and their former MVP QB (who is not his normal dominant self) to a title against the number one offense in the league. 

2015 panthers = 2013 broncos

2017 panthers = 2015 Broncos 

FWIW: if you're wondering who we will beat in the super bowl, it's going to be the raiders and their MVP QB David Carr and their number one offense 

2017 raiders= 2015 panthers

That. Was. Amazing. nice catch!

1 hour ago, dldove77 said:

By this logic, I'm going to put some money on the 2019 Raiders today.

Truth be told, you might seriously want to do that. the Raiders are about to take the AFC by storm. may well be the heirs to Brady, Hoodie, & Co. for the next decade in that conference.

21 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Actually, one of the positives so far is that Panthers ARE moving the chains (with only a few exceptions), just not putting up a lot of points.

I believe Panthers lead the NFL in time of possession (I saw it on Twitter - I think it was Voth who wrote about it, but I haven't verified personally). 

You know that 4th Q drive where we couldn't score a TD on 1st & 1 at the 1?  That was a 73 yard 8:28 minute drive...

It gives me confidence.  We're getting into opponents territory & red zone with pretty good frequency, but settling for field goals.  Not a lot of 3 & outs.  2 of 11 drives in week 1;   2 of 10 drives in week 2.

"Fortunately the offense has done enough the past two games, but against a better defense I feel like our defense could get winded late in games which may hurt us."

I'm not denying we've done enough on that the last two games. I don't think that'll last against better defenses.

1 hour ago, sharkkiller said:

Why in the world is Shula being brought up in a thread about the defense?

Duh, it's about defense.  1.) Shula makes a bad defense look like world beaters.  b.) The Saints have a shitty defense. 

I can't keep connecting the dots for you man, keep up.

2 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

Shear dominance by the defense right now. They are also allowing less than 200 yards per game in those first two games. 

if you believe that history repeats itself than look no further to the Broncos from a couple years ago.

2013: insanely good broncos offense runs into a buzz saw in the form of Seattle in the Super Bowl and gets embarrased

2015:  Broncos defense is otherworldly and carries their team and their former MVP QB (who is not his normal dominant self) to a title against the number one offense in the league. 

2015 panthers = 2013 broncos

2017 panthers = 2015 Broncos 

FWIW: if you're wondering who we will beat in the super bowl, it's going to be the raiders and their MVP QB David Carr and their number one offense 

2017 raiders= 2015 panthers

Would this be a bad time to point out that the Broncos got rid of their coach and OC after the 2014 season?

27 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I remember thinking the same thing yesterday. We had the ball most of the first half too. Great point on TOP affecting the D. Now we need the defense to produce some turnovers. That's what separates good and great defenses.

1 hour ago, goodoleboy said:

I remember thinking the same thing yesterday. We had the ball most of the first half too. Great point on TOP affecting the D. Now we need the defense to produce some turnovers. That's what separates good and great defenses.

Baltimore D is turnover machine so far in this season. 12 turnovers, 4 ff and 8 int. Also Balt has 8 sacks so far, that D is scary like 2000 Raven scary, almost mirror image starts. 

Archived