• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"I don't think their D is that good, and certainly not elite."

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

It's weird, because your defense doesn't get the respect a Denver or Seattle gets. I think it's a lack of true star power, to be honest, and that's not a shot. Denver has no fly zone. Seattle has legion of boom. Carolinas defense is just really good at pretty much everything. Don't get me wrong, KK, Luke, and TD are all top 5 at their position, but DTs and 43 LBs just don't get the talk like pass rushing 34 LBs and DBs do. 

Carolinas defense doesn't jump off the screen at you, as an opposing fan. They're just really, really good, the whole damn game. 

Your statement reminds of the old 49er defense of the Walsh era.  Fred Dean and Ronnie Lott are the only Hall of Famers from those teams. But, every year they were always among the best defenses in the NFL. The 49er's in those days were rarely blown out and usually shut teams down when it counted in big games. Unfortunately, they were overshadowed by their west coast offense and the Bear and Giant defenses of the that period.

What's up Panthers fans? Visiting Bills fan here. I post on the forum in the OP. No love lost for yesterday, I think McDermott will be great and appreciate you all grooming him for us.

Most of our fans are really down on Tyrod Taylor. That is why people are stretching to say your defense isn't good. They'd rather it be average so they can blame Tyrod for not performing against an average defense. Local sports radio is unlistenable right, random yahoos calling in saying we should start our 5th round rookie QB Nate Peterman, because he looked good in preseason. I think Tyrod is better than he looked yesterday but your defense rattled him and kept our receivers locked down in man coverage. Two big 3rd down drops sealed it for us, along with Zay's drop at the end, then again Cam missed a wide open TD so it all balances out.

Your defense was ridiculous yesterday. I think if our last OC Greg Roman was here we would have run the ball better, too many predictable runs up the middle against your front 7 which is easily top 2 in the league, maybe only Denver is better. Bottling up Shady like that isn't easy in any game. I'm an old school fan, I like defensive games. I enjoyed the game yesterday and I think our future was bright whether Tyrod ends up staying another year or not.

40 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What's up Panthers fans? Visiting Bills fan here. I post on the forum in the OP. No love lost for yesterday, I think McDermott will be great and appreciate you all grooming him for us.

Most of our fans are really down on Tyrod Taylor. That is why people are stretching to say your defense isn't good. They'd rather it be average so they can blame Tyrod for not performing against an average defense. Local sports radio is unlistenable right, random yahoos calling in saying we should start our 5th round rookie QB Nate Peterman, because he looked good in preseason. I think Tyrod is better than he looked yesterday but your defense rattled him and kept our receivers locked down in man coverage. Two big 3rd down drops sealed it for us, along with Zay's drop at the end, then again Cam missed a wide open TD so it all balances out.

Your defense was ridiculous yesterday. I think if our last OC Greg Roman was here we would have run the ball better, too many predictable runs up the middle against your front 7 which is easily top 2 in the league, maybe only Denver is better. Bottling up Shady like that isn't easy in any game. I'm an old school fan, I like defensive games. I enjoyed the game yesterday and I think our future was bright whether Tyrod ends up staying another year or not.

Bills will have a really good team in about 2-3 years (maybe even next year depending on your upcoming draft) and luckily for you, Tom Brady is finally on his way out (he can't keep playing till he's 43 can he?!). I like what Sean is doing over there. Kind of rebuilding while also trying to say competitive. He has the same energy as Dan Quinn in ATL.

I like TT. I think he is an above average QB that can also beat you with his legs if you give him any kind of room. Unless you draft a good prospect, you're not going to find anybody better in FA. As for the game, I loved that defensive battle. You guys have a really underrated front 7. Oh and one more thing, thank you Zay Jones for dropping that last ball lol

11 minutes ago, mbarbour1987 said:

Bills could have easily won that game, and a lot of that had to do with Taylor. He played smart, and honestly did what he had to do to win but Zay just couldn't haul it in. Could have been a better throw, but in that situation you gotta come down with that. 

yeah yeah yeah and if Cam didn't miss a couple passes Panthers could have won by 20. It's the NFL. It happens. Not one player is to blame

4 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

yeah yeah yeah and if Cam didn't miss a couple passes Panthers could have won by 20. It's the NFL. It happens. Not one player is to blame

No doubt, but my point is that they were in position to win that game because of Taylor's play. (And of course their defense) After 59 minutes they were in the game with a chance. (and they came very close) I'm not blaming Zay for the loss, but the truth is they were VERY close to a W and it could have easily went the other way with the outcome of ONE play at the very end of the game. They were pretty much one play away from winning that game. Taylor did what he needed to do to win the game in that situation, but they came up short.

Archived