• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SCARY MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy Igo

Session 9 is pretty creepy.

Grave Encounters is a nice little Indie found footage film (I know it sounds bad but give it a chance)

Creepshow

Dawn of the Dead (original)

It Comes at night. Although, not your typical scary movie. It's scary in the sense of trust with people. Picture The Thing without the monsters.

Conjouring 1 & 2 is incredible.

The witch is very unsettling. No resolution. Quite a few hate it. All of the dialogue comes from transcripts of actual Salem witch trials. The church of Satan actually endorsed it because of the light it shines on the Christian faith and churches from that time. Don't watch any trailers before watching it tho. It ruins the movie. Horrible advertising makes you think it's a fast paced movie which it's not. 

I can't think of more off the top of my head but those are some good recent ones.

12 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Session 9 is pretty creepy.

Grave Encounters is a nice little Indie found footage film (I know it sounds bad but give it a chance)

Creepshow

Dawn of the Dead (original)

It Comes at night. Although, not your typical scary movie. It's scary in the sense of trust with people. Picture The Thing without the monsters.

Grave Encounters had its moments and was a decent watch as part of my netflix plan - would not pay additional for it.

Grave Encounters 2 though was complete garbage.  Avoid it.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:58 AM, cookinbrak said:

The best movie nobody ever heard of.

I own the Shout Factory versions of Dog Soliders, The Thing, Escape from New York, Night of the Demons and Return of the Living Dead .  All are killer.

A few really good anthology format flicks are Creepshow, Trick r Treat, Tales of Halloween, Asylum and Tales from the Hood (yeah I liked it).

I own over 400 horror movies...I know who cares...but I fuggin LOVE horror.  Just about ALL horror.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:46 AM, Dex said:

If we're talking straight unsettling I recommend Irreversible. Two scenes in particular stick out. Difficult to watch but a VERY good movie.

Ugg, definitely one of the most graphic rape scenes ever.  Up there with I Spit on Your Grave. 

On 9/20/2017 at 9:27 AM, Cary Kollins said:

Great horror movies already listed. Here are some of my favorites I consider "must watch" that haven't been mentioned yet:

51ZD8DCJAWL._SY445_.jpg

Dead Alive - (88% RT) Before Peter Jackson did Lord of the Rings, he made absolutely insane and hilarious zombie movies with genius practical effects. Ever wonder what it'd look like to mow down zombies with a lawn mower? Killer zombie toddler anyone? Classic.

185e48a43c7f63acf74b1bd58827b510_500x735

What We Do in the Shadows -  (96% RT) Horror/comedy mockumentary from New Zealand. Spinal Tap with vampires.

these two are so fugin good. 

i'll list some unmentioneds later.

Couple of newer releases that I think were cool:

The Taking of Deborah Logan, Last Shift, A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, Life, Don't Breathe, Curse of Chucky, The Autopsy of Jane Doe, Hush, The Invitation, Green Room, The Awakening,  The Orphanage, Train to Busan, The Girl with All the Gifts (couple zombies at the end there)

And agree Braindead (Dead Alive) is an absolute classic.

Just now, Shocker said:

Couple of newer releases that I think were cool:

The Taking of Deborah Logan, Last Shift, A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, Life, Don't Breathe, Curse of Chucky, The Autopsy of Jane Doe, Hush, The Invitation, Green Room, The Awakening,  The Orphanage, Train to Busan, The Girl with All the Gifts (couple zombies at the end there)

Several in that list I've been meaning to see.

Green Room is nuts.

Archived