• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Carolina Panthers at New England Patriots Gameday Thread!

Jeremy Igo

Official Carolina Panthers at New England Patriots Gameday Thread

Two Diametrically opposed teams are featured today. 

DEFENSIVE TEAM RANKINGS (YPG)

1. Carolina Panthers

32. New England Patriots

OFFENSIVE TEAM RANKINGS (YPG)

1. New England Patriots

28. Carolina Panthers

Bill Belichick had a cameo in a dream I had last night. Yes, he was nude and carried a fiddle. He explained to me what the Patriots would do in this game. 

1. Defensively they will sell out completely on the run. He told me they unconcerned about Cam Newton throwing the ball. 

2. Wait for Shula to get frustrated and abandon the run, thinking passing the ball will somehow be better. (it won't). 

3. Panthers are now in a shootout with the Patriots in Foxboro as the Patriots' defense stays fresh from numerous Panthers' 3 and outs. 

4. Third quarter will feature a fresh NE defense and a tired CAR defense. 

5. Ballgame 

Prediction - 

Patriots 27

Panthers 13

I was horribly wrong last week (as were all of you sons of bitches). Hopefully I am just as wrong today. 

Bill Belichick will run circles around our coaches. We'll show some life in the 1st half and keep it close, then Bill will adjust at halftime and it will get ugly. Let's just get through this game with no injuries because this poo is getting ridiculous.

I expected us to lose this game before the season started, but the Pats have looked very beatable this season. They’ve been blown out and barely beat a rookie QB. Their only convincing win comes against the lowly Saints (I know I know). I think we get the upset. 

I consider myself to be a realist....and my gut is telling me that the Panthers show up and show out in a big way today.  The team is ready to make a damn statement against a team many think are superbowl contenders.  Cam will have his best game of the season, and will remove the chains from his legs and rip apart the Patriots on the ground.  The defense will hit Brady often, forcing him to make mistakes.  Fug the haters...we will be 3-1 by 4:30 today.  

1. Use PA and rollouts to get Cam moving and in rhythm. Use layered routes 

2. Now that defense has worry about PA & QB scrambles the run game continues to gain consistent yardage.

3. Panthers take the lead by end of the half with a  8 min drive & wearing down the Pats defense. 

4. Panthers D is fresh and forces Brady a turnover by the LBs . The offense continues to run the ball and score at will.

5. Gameover suckers 

Panthers 31 - Pats 21 

J-Stew 100 yds 1TDs

CMC 100 yds 2TDs

19 minutes ago, CatAttack said:

For some reason I could see us bringing them down to our level and winning a very ugly and boring game.  

20-17 Panthers, with a defensive score. Huge win over a top team but still gives us a ton of reason to worry about our offense (putting up just one TD and two FG against the worst D in the league) and the Huddle continues to panic. 

Archived