• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday we play 2nd best team--

trucpfan

So as I'm watching Mike and Mike my usual routine I hear who's the second best team in the league? I rewind turn it up they say Fpi has Pats 2nd they both say we've seen enough to determine the Iggles are the hands down second best team in the league. Is this the feeling of the media I'm super confused what makes them 2nd best ?  Our offense was stagnant as Cam healed up we're better then our 18 ranked O and our D ranked 3rd vs 3rd ranked O and 22nd on D I don't see what makes them 2nd best in anyway. Glad it's Primetime all eyes on us. Does anyone see Iggles as a true contender based off what they've seen from them 

In the end, it's the Eagles. Any given team, and all that... They have given us fits in the past, and there have been games where we've embarrassed them. It should be a barn burner of a game, but I think our defense will be the stars this week. Something tells me Luke will have a game to make up for the last one and that Pep in a Panther's helmet will be a nightmare revisited for the Iggles.

Let's hope their fans keep their batteries at home. 

1 minute ago, PlantBasedPoster said:

I'm uncomfortable with the amount of optimism that I have seen lately. Doesn't feel right.

I have that feeling the moment I buy completely in and start pounding my chest eggs are abruptly placed on the field. I'm def not pounding my chest I just feel the vets keeps us extra focused after that disappointment that was 2016. 

1 minute ago, trucpfan said:

I have that feeling the moment I buy completely in and start pounding my chest eggs are abruptly placed on the field. I'm def not pounding my chest I just feel the vets keeps us extra focused after that disappointment that was 2016. 

Last time I was super confident about our chances of winning was the Superb Owl. I went to bed SOBER that night, that's how bad I felt.

I've just been hurt too many times :( 

5 minutes ago, PlantBasedPoster said:

I'm uncomfortable with the amount of optimism that I have seen lately. Doesn't feel right.

This is an odd numbered year. We're good. No worries. Eagles are a solid team no doubt. I think it will be a good game but Cam will be taking a knee in victory formation...again.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

They barely beat the Giants and Chargers. 

giphy.gif

Man I'm laughing like them at this moment. That put a good spin on this yea it's any given Sunday but it shows how you handle the weaker teams our D is something special up until we close the offensive playbook at the end of the third when we have a little lead i.e. 10pts Shula drops headset packs up puts the calls on auto pilot just to stress the d out lol.

No team is converting more 3rd downs, than the Eagles. That means they are tops in TOP,  while they are putting up points.

They are also stopping the run. 

That is the recipe for success in the NFL. 

The Eagles are a good team.  

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't win. It just means it's going to be a great game. 

I'm sorry but I do not think the Eagles are a top 5 team.  They are good, yes...and they can make the playoffs for sure.  But they have barely won games against the Giants and Chargers (two of the worst teams in the NFL) and got two more wins against the Cardinals and Skins, who are not playoff teams.  They did take KC the distance, so I will give them that.

If we get pressure on Wentz and contain him, he is prone to making stupid mistakes.  The Eagles run defense is nasty...but heck we haven't been running the ball anyways.  If Cam keeps playing like he has the last couple of weeks and we make plays on defense, we could win this game by two or more touchdowns.  

Archived