• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Samuel Be A Similar Weapon To Tyreek Hill?

jimfear

6 hours ago, trueblade said:

Our offense could be similar to KC. Samuel could do Hill type things. CMC could do Kareem Hunt type things. It comes back to RR. While I'm no Shula fan, its RR who gives Shula his marching orders and he seems bound and determined to be a power run guy regardless of his teams' strengths and weaknesses.

Mccaffrey is not in the same stratosphere as Hunt. 

7 hours ago, jumpman910 said:

I think it was the week we played the Saints and Curtis had that good punt return he clocked the 2nd fastest MPH time in the league only behind Hill. Two of Hills three fastest times last year were 23.28 and 22.77, Samuel fastest time ever was 22.83 at OSU so while Hill IS faster the speed is certainly comparable. 

SO to answer the question Samuel CAN be a similar weapon but will he, has yet to be determined but he also needs the snaps to get it done. 

That same game we ran a reverse type play for Samuel that he took 31 yards. If you watch it you can tell he clearly has some jets.

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I can pretty much Guarantee if we had KCs OC he would be a weapon.  Shula has no clue how to use him.  Let's send him on a 10 yd hook.  That right, let's have one of our fastest guys.  Standing still when he receives the ball.

Get an OC that isn't lost in the 60's and 70's we might actually have a dangerous offense.

If you think KC doesn’t also use Hill like this, then you are incredibly naive. Try to think logically instead of the low-hanging fruit of blaming Shula for everything. When corners respect your speed, they give a LOT of cushion so they don’t get blown by deep. Therefore hooks, curls, comebacks, etc. are often easy ~10 yard completions. The downside is that these are timing routes so there’s a small window of time to make these throws until the corner closes in, so if he isn’t the first read or the QB hesitates, then it’s a missed opportunity.

• 2 months later...

Huge difference in toughness to be honest.  I think Samuel can make some plays but he was raw to begin with and will need a few years.  He can certainly make some plays here but Hill is a different type of player and uber tough and fast.

Actually Samuels upside might be a Ginn type but he really lacks hands and experience at WR.  Still, he can help down the road.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Umm, no on Williams. Did you see him in preseason when they tried the LT experiment? He was awful as a LT. I’m pretty sure even in college he was only a RT.

So maybe try Moton at LT? I’m just trying to get Kalil off that spot and know he costs to much to cut...

Archived