• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Buffalo Reached Out to Us

PantherNation123

8 minutes ago, xav8tor said:

Normal staff, sure, but here? Since you have all 22, how often was Cam still locked onto to Benjamin and/or forcing him the ball into coverage? I know I've seen it recently. Can't put a number on it though.

He was locked on to Funchess more then Kelvin on Sunday with those deep throws that were way off. 

4 minutes ago, PantherNation123 said:

A 3rd and a 7th is marginally better.  Not worth trading your #1 receiver for moving up a few spots in the 3rd and a 7th round pick bud.

Ok let me break this down for you. a comp pick is rewarded in the drafter a year AFTER loosing said player(the Norman comp pick was for this years draft). KB had his 5th year option for 2018 activated(8.5 M). so that means if this trade did not happen and we let KB walk in Free agency 2019, we would get a comp pick in the 3rd round of the 2020 draft IF and ONLY if we signed less free agents than we lost.

2 minutes ago, luke nukem said:

Ok let me break this down for you. a comp pick is rewarded in the drafter a year AFTER loosing said player(the Norman comp pick was for this years draft). KB had his 5th year option for 2018 activated(8.5 M). so that means if this trade did not happen and we let KB walk in Free agency 2019, we would get a comp pick in the 3rd round of the 2020 draft IF and ONLY if we signed less free agents than we lost.

Yeah buddy, we understand how comp picks work.  Did I really need to spell out the fact that the picks would be in different years?  Doesn't change that this trade is for a glorified UDFA.  The new GM we have should be competent enough to make sure we retain the comp pick for KB.  

Other teams used to "reach out"  to Marty Hurney too; generally, with offers to trade for future first round picks.

I remember during Gettleman's first draft, someone called to offer a second rounder in exchange for next year's first. He responded "you must be brain dead to think I'd take a deal like that". 

That told me a lot about how other teams saw the Panthers under Hurney. No surprise if that reputation is back in place. 

For the love of God the Panthers need to put Hurney in a witness protection program before the idiot have traded for Brown og Edwards and have traded away first round picks while giving out huge contracts to Stewart and Kalil. 

The "some Gm reached out to Hurney" has never ended well for us.

Archived