• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Think We Can All Agree That Dave Gettleman Was Fired For Standing Up To JR

bobsfoodbasics

20 hours ago, Mojo said:

We can't assume anything.  It's was a bad firing but I don't think the two are necessary correlated.

I don't think it was a bad firing, but I appreciate the reasoned response. So much speculation and drama queen bullshit flying around.

I don't think that specific circumstance happened maybe lol.

But no doubt DG told Richardson it's not smart to extend TD and Olsen and Richardson was not happy with that.     The timing of the firing showed an emotional let go.    Knowing what we know now about Richardson, I'm not surprised.

While I can't see a direct cause and effect relationship here, I do believe that when the incident with the scout occurred, Gettleman probably had a negative reaction to it. Quite possibly a strong reaction also, and yes, that would probably have caused a schism between he and Richardson.

The ultimate firing would likely have taken more than that, but it's not hard to imagine this being a point of contention between them.

22 hours ago, TheRed said:

I think the Gettleman firing is rooted mainly in more of the same egomaniac fueled meddling JR has been known for over the years that has resulted in him alienating even his own family. He's simply not a good human being, regardless of how many southerners here have placed him in high regard over the years because of wealth and power.

You nailed it. Shame really, he seemed like such a sweet old man.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

While I can't see a direct cause and effect relationship here, I do believe that when the incident with the scout occurred, Gettleman probably had a negative reaction to it. Quite possibly a strong reaction also, and yes, that would probably have caused a schism between he and Richardson.

The ultimate firing would likely have taken more than that, but it's not hard to imagine this being a point of contention between them.

The firing was reactionary and we know partly why now. It's probably why TD and Olsen were pushing for contract extensions. They knew it was likely JR wouldn't be around long. 

22 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hard to say.

The question of who leaked the info that spurred this story is certainly an interesting one.

Could be Darlington if he's the scout involved.

We also need to look at the ongoing sexual harassment issues in the entertainment industry and political arena. More people feel empowered to speak out now. A female, or a male who was privy to JR's behavior, could have leaked this.

24 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

We also need to look at the ongoing sexual harassment issues in the entertainment industry and political arena. More people feel empowered to speak out now. A female, or a male who was privy to JR's behavior, could have leaked this.

Correct, and it wouldn't necessarily have to be one of the ones who has a non-disclosure agreement. There were clearly more victims than just four.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Correct, and it wouldn't necessarily have to be one of the ones who has a non-disclosure agreement. There were clearly more victims than just four.

This was actually the first thing I thought when I heard that there had been "4" settlements.

I think that JR decided to sell the team promptly to avoid more skeletons from being dug up. I hope we don't have a Harvey Weinstein situation on the horizon.

Archived