• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers knocked out of bidding war for Ed Dickson

Saca312

Dickson has been a solid #2 TE and did a good job filling in when Olsen was injured.  He is a great team player and had no issue being in the shadows of Olsen.  Trust me, if Panthers sign Ebron, you'll appreciate how great of a team player Dickson was because my guess is Ebron will not be happy getting single digit snaps every game.   

5 minutes ago, Riv said:

Ebron is awful dude.

Not really. He’s a pretty good route runner. Sure, blocking isn’t up to par, but we run 6 personnel up front all the time, so it’s not that much an issue. 

Plus, he was 14th in the NFL in drops, meaning he was middle of the pack. To compare, Ed Dickson actually has more drops iirc. He’s given way too high expectations as a first round pick, and chances are TEs aren’t going to hit their stride until near the end of their rookie contracts or early second contract bc of how hard it can be to adjust to the NFL.

I like Dickson, he’s very good for what he was, but I don’t think he’s a full time starter in the way that we want and though it seems keeping him at a price we think is reasonable would have been good, part of our strategy there has to be trying to develop an Olsen replacement. Willson is more surehanded than Dickson and has come up clutch in games and is well rounded. I personally think he has a higher ceiling than he has credit for and the FO must think that too if they brought him in. Similarly, Ebron had high expectations and hasn’t lived up to them, he has issues, but he still has the measurables and still has time to unlock his potential. Plus, it’s not like he’s been bad— those posts about him being top 5 in catches or whatever shows he can produce. I remember him coming on pretty well at the end of last year too. Maybe we can give him the setup he needs to take the next step. 

If we can do cheaper than Dickson, that’s huge.

2 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Not really. He’s a pretty good route runner. Sure, blocking isn’t up to par, but we run 6 personnel up front all the time, so it’s not that much an issue. 

Plus, he was 14th in the NFL in drops, meaning he was middle of the pack. To compare, Ed Dickson actually has more drops iirc. He’s given way too high expectations as a first round pick, and chances are TEs aren’t going to hit their stride until near the end of their rookie contracts or early second contract bc of how hard it can be to adjust to the NFL.

He's bad, dude.  Would be a waste of a contract.

10 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Dickson is going to get a contract based off 2 games from last year. 

I think that's what's pushing this into a bidding war, for sure, but he also filled in for Olsen admirably. He's not bad. 

I have to wonder, though... is he replacing Jimmy Graham, or is he going to be Seattle's number two? 

Archived