• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers And S Eric Reid Rumored To Be In Contact

Saca312

15 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

If the Panthers sign Eric Reid this board will be full of celebration. But the first time he busts a coverage or takes a bad angle the claws come out. He's an okay player, not our savior.

He's a great player compared to what we've been signing at safety for the past decade.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's a great player compared to what we've been signing at safety for the past decade.

I disagree. 3 interceptions in past 3 seasons. 2 career forced fumbles. 1 Career sack. I was going to say he's just like Chris Harris or Roman harper but his production is even less. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seems like Reid has just about gotten himself blackballed Kaepernick style. Not sure it's going to take big money.

That plus the injuries gets a prove it type of deal.

2 hours ago, MtnProwler said:

I've not been able to substantiate the claims that started this thread anywhere. Anyone have any references to this?

I'm gonna give you the scoop don't tell the rest of the huddle the source is Sorensen you know you have to boost your articles hits lol.

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seems like Reid has just about gotten himself blackballed Kaepernick style. Not sure it's going to take big money.

Kaepernick destroyed his own career not blackballed. He himself made the choice to walk out on NFL and 49's on his own accord and nobody told him to do it so that alone sealed his fate of rejoining the NFL on any team so nobody was blackballed especially him. Reid is injury prone and why bring a player in that always gets bit by the injury bug and keep paying that player when he will be on bench all the time if he gets injured again.

4 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Give me the lotto numbers 

Those 3 guys you named combined don’t equal up to a good safety 

When Reid is healthy he is a perfectly adequate if not above average safety, and can play both positions. 

If he is healthy is the key. 

Archived