• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams Have Offered Pick #23 For Odell Beckham Jr.

bobsfoodbasics

29 minutes ago, TylerVagyler said:

NFL windows close very quick (unless you're the Pats). We've been clamoring for a true #1 WR ever since Cam arrived. Now that one is potentially available I say go for it. Not sure how you defend a Cam, OBJ, Olsen, CMC, Funchess, Samuel package.

I’d just leave Samuel wide open.

Dave is just trying to up the ante with the old Ernie quote

What would you expect him to say?  Oh, he is trouble, oh, he wants too much, oh, negative negative negative.

Nah, he is gonna talk him up and act like its pulling teeth to get this talent away from the Giants.  

1 hour ago, TylerVagyler said:

NFL windows close very quick (unless you're the Pats). We've been clamoring for a true #1 WR ever since Cam arrived. Now that one is potentially available I say go for it. Not sure how you defend a Cam, OBJ, Olsen, CMC, Funchess, Samuel package.

How do you pay for it??? We don't have 17+ mill a season to pay for him..

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

You hope they’re gonna be so bad you mean.

if they can go 7-9 8-8 that’s a successful season compared to this past year.

Lol why because they underachieved last year with a crappy coach? Stop comparing seasons to seasons to much changes in the NFL from year to year. 

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

And the ones saying they would make the trade are stupid, but I’m not surprised by who it is. Y’all put way too much stock in unknown commodities. 

Headache player with off the field issues that is demanding $20M/year or he won't play...? Better to get a first or more now than to get nothing for him, because paying a mess like Beckham that much money is a stupid decision.

2 hours ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Odell is only 25 and a great receiver. I’d give them our pick one of our thirds and one of Gettleman guys, Vern, Shaq

But we couldn't afford his contract lol that's a smart trade, especially considering where we are picking, but we just couldn't afford him

So funny watching so many of you sit up on your high horses questioning the whole winning window philosophy. 

I applaud the Rams for going for it, instead of just being content and shooting for the playoffs each year they have bigger plans. 

But I guess we have all those super bowls to look back on so how dare we question the Rams philosophy...

Oh wait

3 minutes ago, Marcogreenbush said:

I'd give our first and two 3rds for Odell he's a star and having him paired with cam would be legendary. For all you people that say you won't want Odell , you would be the first ones buying his jersey . Being cheap and conservative got us nowhere the best teams make big moves not sit around worrying about the cap and worrying about loyalty and off the field issues , which in Odell's case isn't that serious. You don't see Odell beating up girls you see him partying with him like any normal person in their 20s would do.

Partying and the NFL, now that's a good combination.

4 or 8 game suspension?

Scared money don't make money

I don't blame them for going all out.  Guys like OBJ are rare. There's some risk involved but it's a move that could put them over the top.  They'd have to bet on him keeping his nose clean in LA which is easier said than done though.

I don't condone this, but people keep mentioning sending Butler. Lot more likely to get Gettleman to bite on sending him Short. We could then use Butler in Short's spot and have the cap space for Beckham. Again, I don't think it's worth it, but a straight up trade would be worth contemplating.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline said:

I don't condone this, but people keep mentioning sending Butler. Lot more likely to get Gettleman to bite on sending him Short. We could then use Butler in Short's spot and have the cap space for Beckham. Again, I don't think it's worth it, but a straight up trade would be worth contemplating.

That's not a bad idea as far as straight up player for player trade.  The ensuing contract negotiations after is what gives me pause.

Archived