• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most important needs?

AU-panther

Some of the "needs" that have been stated by people around here: QB2, WR, TE2, RB, FS, SS, CB, DE, LB, G, LT next year, TE1 next year, DE next year, C next year.

I'm sure I missed some.

While it would be nice to fill a need with every pick we have in the draft, chances are that isn't going to happen.  If we can fill 3 that would probably be good.

Which 3 needs do you feel are most important to fill in the draft?

Which needs can be addressed with guys already on the roster and/or after teams are trimmed to 53?

For me:

Draft - FS, CB, and TE

FS is pretty obvious, CB class is really strong and you can never have too many, and TE could help us this year and even more possible next.

WR- I would love to get an outside receiver, even if he doesn't play much this year, but we can probably make due with who we have on roster.  Was tempted to put it in our top 3 and think there is a chance we will draft one early.

G and C - can probably make due with what we have, but a center prospect that can also play guard is really tempting.  Same with DE, SS, and LB

QB- we can probably find a released one pretty cheap

RB- we can make due with CAP and CMC

I see FS-DE we are built off of upfront pressure period. Julius has a minimal impact even with those sacks because he plays sparingly. We need a De to get pressure and hold up well against the run no CJ(may be a benefit) minimal JP unknown Hall is why I see a pass rusher as a need. Looking back to last year we didn't get enough pressure on Brees in that last battle. This is the perfect topic because I feel like right now right now we can beat most teams with the offense we would field and the only thing we are lacking are Defensive parts FS DE CB we need a speed CB ex. JA from Lville or DJ from LSU. I still feel we need s TE2 and a wr whose routes are stellar but defense would be understandable for us to compete this year.

My top needs: FS, LB, TE

The value / sweet spot at 24 seems to be falling toward CB or OL.  These are not huge needs, but I think you should use 1st rounders on best available talent.  Then you can adjust your roster around your talent.  

FS is the highest need and we should be able to get a pretty good one in the second.

I would not be shocked to see an LB in round 3, given Keuchly's concussion issues, Davis' age,suspension and pending retirement, and Shaq in a contract year.  Arguably LB is the most important position in our scheme - we have to keep this strong.

Round 3 also seems to be a good time for a TE.  Even if we extend Olsen a year, I'd say this is a top 3 need.

We're probably ok with RB - maybe a decent one falls to the fifth, otherwise I could roll with what we have.

Honorable mention goes to QB.  Rolling with Gilbert as your #2 does not seem realistic.  I'm not sure we can afford a FA QB at this point.  We will almost surely draft one - just depends on how high.  If Lamar Jackson is still sitting there at 24, I would not be shocked to see him picked.  We can always move him later if necessary.

Good thread, AU.  This is a tough one.

1. TE (Olsen is older and was injured last season. He wants to become the next MNF broadcaster--will he be "all in?")  While I do not want to draft a TE first since we have a starter and since there is no value there (IMO), we need one who can start this season if necessary.)

2. SS (Not much chatter about Adams, but he was old last year and I just checked: He will be older this year.  Searcy is not that great and cannot play both spots.  We need a SS.

3. CB (We need three top CBs fighting for 2 jobs to max our potential, but I think Cockrell and Bradberry are fine.  However, you cannot go into a season with only 2, hoping Bradberry gets it together and there are no injuries.  You need 3, and the draft is loaded)

4. WR I think we need a first round WR to develop.  As it stands, we have Funchess (below average #1), Samuel (a hot tub warrior), Torrey Smith (deep threat with questionable hands), Wright (caught about 19 passes last year) and Byrd.  That is not striking fear in too many opposing defensive back film rooms.

DRAFT:

1. WR

2. CB

3. S

4.  TE

8 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Why exactly do you click on them?  If I don’t like a topic or poster I don’t click.

The medical term is perplexiamaniaopothy.  It is the inability to control a body part, like a bladder or an index finger.

I think in this order

Safety: I would almost consider doubling down like we did a few years ago at DT. 

RB: I think this is a huge need for us. CAP may be the answer, but I wouldnt mind seeing Royce Freeman, Sony Michel, Chubb, or Penny drafted with one of those 2 3rd round choices. 

TE: I think finding a #2 is a good idea. I liked Baylis @ Oregon, so I think he will be good for us. I also like the idea of Flexing Armah out.

LB: I think LB with TD Suspension and getting old, is a hidden need. 

DE: I think we need 1 more young guy to help compete. I liked Hall's tape. 

WR: We always need more play makers 

Top three needs in order... C (starts at guard this year), S, WR

Who is going to open holes for your shiny new running back this year?  Who is going to snap the ball, call the blocking schemes when Khalil retires next year?  We need to draft next year's starter at center this year and get him game time experience at Norwell's spot this year.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

The medical term is perplexiamaniaopothy.  It is the inability to control a body part, like a bladder or an index finger.

Yoooo that's hilarious I have that perp thing I always click topics I don't like I need some remedies.

My thoughts and hopes-

1st- Best player available at either CB, DE, OL

2nd- Best player available at either CB, DE, OL depending of what we take in the first.

3rd- 1St pick- Best player available in position of need

3rd- 2nd pick- Best player available in position of need

all other picks trade into 3rd round and draft best player of need in position of need.

Out of this group we hope that two players from this years draft are day 1 starters and at least 1 player from last years draft becomes day 1 starter other than McCaffrey. If this happens we are looking at making the playoffs which should be what we are shooting for.

My list of needs are CB, DE, LB, OL, TE, SS, RB, WR in that order.

Archived