• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith bullied Cam Newton his rookie season?

NJPanthers12

6 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

Tolbert was bullied,  lol.pic of the urinals and the small child urinal had Tolberts name on it.

Anyone remember that or have the pic?

I do not have any pics that were taken in men's restrooms

I just usually compliment people's watches at the urinal and go about my business

If it was indeed true kudos for Cam for putting the team first and trying to win games with Smith for those couple of years. Never made a peep of it I guess.

However I  have a hard time believing the bullying was severe. They didn't see him to have a ton of problems on the sideline and Smith spoke well of Cam in post game interviews. Plus as much as I think Smith is a badass, Cam Newton would murder him if he got in the mood. I imagine his o-line would  step in the way as well if it was that bad.

Bonnel needs to stick to basketball. Also, we don’t know the context of Hartsock’s comments. He could have been joking around. 

I def saw Smitty get into Cam’s ear a couple of times that year. The NYG game is one. 

More than likely this is a non story and just an example of a reporter grabbing a small piece of something that probably has very little substance and using it as fodder for the offseason. 

What pushed Steve Smith to be such a great player also lead to him being a shitty teammate, which wasn't helped at all by an owner, GM, coach that didn't have the stones to do anything about it.

Getting rid of Smith was unfortunately necessary for the growth of Cam as the leader of the offense.

22 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

Pretty sure he threw a punch at Cam before being cut

That is one of the rumors that has circulated around various sources. Smitty does have a record of attacking team mates. There is so much stuff that goes on behind the scenes that no one knows about, even the reporters don’t hear about, that it wouldn’t surprise me. I won’t speak for cam but if it did happen I’m sure they were able to squash it like adults. Cutting Steve Smith certainly looks like one of the more idiotic move Gettleman did when he was here. 

Just now, Cary Kollins said:

What pushed Steve Smith to be such a great player also lead to him being a shitty teammate, which wasn't helped at all by an owner, GM, coach that didn't have the stones to do anything about it.

Getting rid of Smith was unfortunately necessary for the growth of Cam as the leader of the offense.

Another one of the rumors being passed around and I think it was validated to a degree by former OC Jeff Davidson, was that Smitty wasn’t getting the rock and complained to Davidson and Fox. Davidson shut that poo down and said something smart-assish back to Smitty who then ran to Richardson crying about it. Richardson then threatened to fire Davidson if he ever spoke to smith again. Def seems like a move Old Man Mr Richardson would pull. 

Smith should've lost  all respect among this fan base after his 3rd attack on a teammate, Lucas, years ago. This is just further proof of how big of a douche and diva he is and this place puts him on too high of a pedestal and  he shouldn't be considered one of the best Panthers of all-time when taking into account all of his shenanigans. 

Archived