• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the Panthers offense didn't work

countryboi

11 hours ago, Perry Rich said:

Trent won a Super Bowl,  We dont have to have Cam "Let it Rip" so to speak,  we dont need to be in the top 10 or top half in passing attempts to utilize Cam. We jus need to have the right personnel for Cam to make the plays when needed. Shula was a good OC, not Norv for sure but not a bad OC, We went deep in the playoffs a few times and a Super Bowl with Shula... But we had a lot better balanced team. We had NO running game last year or a good OL . Last year we didnt have the personnel for a balanced offensive attack. CMC isn't a good enough running back  to run anywhere without a good line to open holes for him to run thru and Steward wasn't running on all cylinders... In general, with our personnel last year, i dont think any OC could have done much better than Shula did last year as a whole...  IMO 

Wrong... I should have stopped when you said Dilfer won a SB. That's all I need to know about your knowledge. 

22 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Will be interesting to see how Shula utilizes Saquan Barkley in NY. Hoping that he doesn’t kill his career.

The good thing is Barkley is probably the best back that has came out in awhile. The downside is Mike Shula will be calling the plays. 

37 minutes ago, Snake said:

The good thing is Barkley is probably the best back that has came out in awhile. The downside is Mike Shula will be calling the plays. 

He won’t be calling the plays. That’s why no one else wanted the job. 

56 minutes ago, Snake said:

Shumer is going to call the plays. Shula will help draw up plays etc... 

Which I also don't think he was that great at....How many times did we see 2-3 receivers in the same spot? and the lack of short routes ugh. Thank goodness he is gone, I gave him the benefit of doubt after 2105 but he went right back to garbage the following season. 

Also I think our Oline is better then they get credit for. I mean they aren't great....but average and at their best above average. The right side is strong, center is pretty good with Kalil or Larsen, LG is a question but Moton or a rookie which we have plenty of so lots of competition there,  LT I wish Moton would take it but Kalil can be average and Norv knows him and his weaknesses at least. Lets hope Turner can find the right way to use them and get more consistency out of them. Cam and with these weapons with even an middle of the road line is still scary good. He is just that good, he will elevate everyone around him. 

I was just about to post this. I have been saying for years our run game sucks. Take away Cam and it’s average. I think only one year we actually had a decent running game and that was only because Stewart was a beast the last 5 games of the season. Our run game sucks. Makes you wonder how good Norwell Kalil and Turner are actually at run blocking? Could they really not be that great and just have good stats because of cams runs?

1:  Thought it then, and think it now.  We should have paid Norwell, and let Trai play out his deal.

2:  Cam is better than many give him credit for, however he does had his warts.

3:  Shula was as bad, or possibly even worse than I thought.

4:  CMC is a really good player, and can help make Cam's life much easier.

5:  Ron is a stubborn defensive minded HC...hopefully trusting Norv more than he did Shula.

6:  We now have a good a good young WR and RB core, but we need to address O line sooner rather than later.

Archived