• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you weren't a Panthers fan....

kungfoodude

Probably the Ravens because of closeness and success. Plus a guy I went to high school with and practiced with for a year (I was JV, he was Varsity) was drafted by them in 2005. I was a Redskins fan before Panthers, but I can't see myself being a Skins fan again. Snyder took the life out of that franchise. 

5 hours ago, tondi said:

I was a Dolphins fan my entire life until the Panthers came to town then I started following both and gradually became a Panthers fan, although I still keep up with the Dolphins.  Therefore, it would be easy to resume my previous Dolphin fandom.

I don't think I would have owned up to being a Dolphin fan.  Ha!  Just kidding.

Grew up in the Easy Bay (Oakland California) Raiders were In LA at the time, so had no affiliation to any team so I went with the *New Carolina Panthers* expansion team right about when Oakland came back to town in 95.

So if there were no expansion Panthers, Sadly I would have been a Raider fan.

So... when people say why do i root for  a team on the other side of the country I say whats it matter teams move city's and piss on fans all the time look at how my Raider loyalty would have been rewarded as they prepare to move to Vegas. 

Panthers can move and it won't affect me one bit.

Was a Steelers fan for 30+ years before I hopped on the “Cam-wagon”  as people like to call it. A natural felling from an Auburn alum. And since they were in different conferences, and only played each other every 4 years, it was easy to pull for both. 

If you would have told me then that I would care more about the Panthers than the Steelers , I would have laughed in your face. Didn’t realize it myself until they played in 2014. I was sick and disgusted by what I saw. And didn’t care that the Steelers looked good. After that I had to come to grips with the fact that I was now a Panthers fan who happened to follow the Steelers. 

Archived