• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A few early observations...

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

And FWIW, Donte said he is an outside corner, not much interest in nickel. And it seems like coaches agree with this despite many fans thinking Donte could be our nickel.

Not surprising. Nickel is usually the backup plan for a guy drafted as high as the 2nd round.

20 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

He's definitely going to play outside. There is a big difference between confidence in one's abilities and hubris. Jackson is all hubris right now. He should shut his trap and tip better until he actually does something positive on the field.

Tip better the guy just got signed. You dont know how his finances are looking, stick to commenting about things YOU know about. You dont know the full story just what some waiter or waitress believe they should have been tipped. 2 sides to a story.

Happy to see Andre Smith getting a good opportunity. Dude was so good in college before getting hurt. Easily a top 3 round guy. He was explosive and hit the crap out of people and plays with a really good attitude and swag that our defense needs. Hope he continues to make the most of the opportunity 

1 hour ago, Panthera onca said:

He's definitely going to play outside. There is a big difference between confidence in one's abilities and hubris. Jackson is all hubris right now. He should shut his trap and tip better until he actually does something positive on the field.

I would be happier if you would shut your trap till the kid proves he can't back it up. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not surprising. Nickel is usually the backup plan for a guy drafted as high as the 2nd round.

Yeah I understand most guys want to be the top outside guys, only exception I can think of is Chris Harris in Denver. My impression, however, was that Donte would be upset if the coaches asked him to play nickel early on in his career... Kinda like Captain getting frustrated before leaving in 2013 (and then finally embracing nickel with the Vikes and now here again). Non-isssue though as it seems coaches view him as a pure outside guy anyways. But could've made sense to put him in nickel with Seymour/Cockrell across from Bradberry... It's interesting to me anyways.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Being cocky with a short memory is not a problem. I want him to be confident in his abilities and if that’s how he plays, we don’t want to change it.

I just don't want him coming in thinking he doesn't have work to do to prove himself in this league. Right now he's nothing and guys like Julio would chew him up and spit him out. Like every rookie he's gotta grind and prove it on the field.

2 hours ago, t96 said:

And FWIW, Donte said he is an outside corner, not much interest in nickel. And it seems like coaches agree with this despite many fans thinking Donte could be our nickel.

Sounds like Bradberry better start sweating over his starting spot if he plays anything like last season

I'm not surprised that Andre Smith is showing out. He had an amazing Sophomore season and was really starting to generate a lot of hype before going down in the second game of his Junior season. Definitely has that diamond in the rough potential. I could go on and on about Ian Thomas, but I think everyone on this board know's he might be special.

Archived