• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article on potential trades for backup QB's(Panthers listed)

kungfoodude

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seven-quarterback-moves-needy-teams-should-make-before-week-1-to-improve-their-depth/

Paxton Lynch to the Panthers

Let's play a game: Name the guys behind Cam Newton on the depth chart without Googling it. I dare you. And I admit I had to double check this myself. It's Garrett Gilbert, who has been waived six times since entering the NFL in 2014, and Tyler Heinicke, who is on his fourth team since entering the NFL in 2015. That won't cut it. Cam takes a lot of pounding and always comes back for more, but he's not as young as he once was. Lynch might be a total bust, but trade a very late pick for him and let Norv Turner check him out. Regardless, he's getting booed out of Denver -- literally -- and has to go. (If they are going to continue to berate the QB, some of the boos should be directed at the dude who drafted him in the first-round, too, no?)

I realize all these trades are unlikely but I thought this link was interesting nonetheless. Lynch has to be a better option than anything we have currently and his cap hits for this season and next are $2.5-3 million, making him fairly affordable. Any interest in this hypothetical trade? If so, what would you be willing to give up?

Archived