• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

wait what offensive coordinators can do this?

Saca312

so i was meandering through the streams of twitter today and my eyes encountered a certain quote from norv turner that really excites me in many ways. as a panther fan who has trudged thru mike shula’s stubborness and inability to adapt, i have forgotten exactly what it’s like to have an actual nfl offensive coordinator. i have this mindset that any oc of the panthers will always be unable to adapt when their perfect plan goes downhill.

well, norv turners says fug it to that. he admits to having a script like all other offensive coordinators, but makes it a point that he’d poo all over it if the defense dictates it to. that basically means he’ll adapt to the game situation and will be able to adlib and ignore that nagging instinct of sticking with the script like shula did.

this is what separates the mike shulas from the best ocs. u have to be able to scrap any script you have when the defense dictates so. if norv does that, he’s already 1000000000000000000000000000000e^10000000000 better than shula.

yes.

Agree. I was also reading about him spending time with Stanford coaches to come up with ways to best utilize CMC. Also trying to get creative with new ways to use Cam and CMC together since he hadn't had a duo like that before. He said being creative is the fun part of the job.

5 minutes ago, punkpanther said:

Seems so obvious...another thing I would like to see change is kneeling down with time on the clock before the half. At least TRY dammit .

Yup. That’s why Broncos lost in playoffs in ‘12 under Fox and Jags to Pats last year (just 2 examples that quickly came to mind).

This is why I am confused at the pundents picking records in the NFCS. They all keep pupming get up the Falcons.  Sarkasian is no  Shanahan. Sark had stupid play calling last year and some more this spring. Where as I believe Norv will make a huge difference in our old run,run,pass,punt philosophy.  Yet no one is factoring that in at all it seems. 

Time to show your stuff Norv. 

1 hour ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

This is why I am confused at the pundents picking records in the NFCS. They all keep pupming get up the Falcons.  Sarkasian is no  Shanahan. Sark had stupid play calling last year and some more this spring. Where as I believe Norv will make a huge difference in our old run,run,pass,punt philosophy.  Yet no one is factoring that in at all it seems. 

Time to show your stuff Norv. 

Most believe we'll be on a learning curve/adjustment year which is somewhat understandable new coordinators at all 3 three phases seems like we'll have a lot of getting use to each other through the season. I just mean Washington getting use to play calling with certain players in certain situations etc.

Archived