• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen (foot) is expected to miss a significant chunk of time, sources tell me and @RapSheet. Evaluations ongoing to see how long he's out but it's clear he'll be down a while.

SgtJoo

Olsen will return this season barring any complications with rehab. I would expect around the week 6-8 mark. With a week 4 bye this would be great news and I don’t think it will set us back tremendously on the offensive side of the ball. It’s Ian Thomas’ time to shine now.

AE038F00-955B-42A7-9E8B-4C0801AC07E6.jpeg

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Love Olsen and all the great memories, but team management cannot afford to get sentimental about players as they age.  It is like keeping a BMW or Mercedes after the warranty coverage runs out.  They are generally unreliable and expensive.

Discussed it elsewhere too: The Panthers have a rather unfortunate history of sentimentally paying veterans to reward them for prior service.

Successful teams pay players for what they're going to do, not what they've already done.

With an owner who wants us to do things the way the Steelers do, I really hope that particular policy quickly becomes a relic of the past.

15 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Schefter reporting that Olsen is going to rest/rehab his foot for "a few weeks" and then try to return...I assume he'd basically be looking to come back after the week 4 bye considering the way the tweet was worded.

I saw that, he's basically putting it all on this season to show good faith in the extension he got. If he planned on playing longer than one season he'd get the surgery and look to the future. 

People wondered why Earl, julio and essentially Greg wanted extension and this is why. They all got older, felt like they outplayed their contract and all have been banged up recently. 

Archived